Where To Buy Fondx?

Decorating By delgado2134 Updated 5 Nov 2014 , 3:59am by alyssaserce88

delgado2134 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delgado2134 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing my cousin's wedding cake in June and wanted to know where to buy Fondx? I have heard of it here on the website. Or is Satin Ice better? Thanks for all the opinions! This place is AWESOME for advice!!

PS. I also saw fondant ribbon here:

http://caljavaonline.com/fondantribbon1.htm

Is this worth it??

She wants a ribbon on the bottom of each tier, so I was wondering this vs a satin ribbon. Thanks!

icon_confused.gif

9 replies
Gapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gapi Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 10

Oh my God that fondant ribbon is beautiful. I´d love that they would sell that here. I didn´t know they sold those. I love the texture effect. I know that Ateco sells Satin Ice. Don´t know how it tastes.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 10

I bought several rolls of the ribbon. It was hard and broke when unrolled. I may have had a bad batch. I had to warm it in the micoiwave to get it to unwind without cracking. I got it on sale for $4.99 a roll.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 10

I love Satin Ice, I always add flavorings to it. It is fabulous to work with too. I am going to try Fondx. ShirleyW says it is really good & Shirley is one of our stars. If she says it is good, then it is. She sent me the names of suppliers & I can't find it. Shirley, HELP.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 10

Caljava actually is the company who makes the stuff. Shipping was pretty pricey when I looked. It was $25.00 to ship two 10 pound buckets. I get 40 pounds of Satin ice and the shipping is $8.00

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 12:11am
post #6 of 10

Wow Moy, that is a big difference. I am going to Los Angeles at the end of the month. I am taking two suitcase, one will be empty so I can have place to out all the goodies I intend buying. Including the Fondx.. Caljava is located in Northridge where I use to live. Funniest thing is I never tried their stuff when I was there, but then I hadn't found CC in those days. LOL

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 2:42am
post #7 of 10

I order FondX from Pfeil and Holing www.cakedeco.com. It's the cheapest I've found including shipping.

I personally have never used the fondant ribbon from CalJava, but I've heard nothing but bad reviews. It cracks and it doesn't lie flat are the two biggies. I have tasted it, tho, and it's DELICIOUS! icon_smile.gif

delgado2134 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delgado2134 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks so much to all of you for answering my request! I will have to shop around and see what I find. I don't have a cake supply store near me, except for Wilton, and we know how their fondant tastes icon_eek.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 2:35pm
post #9 of 10

I also ordered FondX from www.cakedeco.com....I prefer Satin Ice to any fondant.

alyssaserce88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyssaserce88 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 3:57am
post #10 of 10

I used to buy it an hour away from my city, but most recently i have it shipped from www.supplybox.ca, they carry the whole range. Though I believe it is is for Canada only. You may be able to make a request

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%