I Need Help On A Color

Decorating By Katrina745 Updated 14 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm by Katrina745

Katrina745 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katrina745 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:55am
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to make the color teracotta, does anyone know what colors to mix to get this color?

7 replies
manderfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderfrog Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:06am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure because I've never mixed it before, but my guess would be orange with a touch of brown and a touch of red. Good luck!

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:11am
post #3 of 8

Just did a search on this website for Terracotta and found out that Americolor has a terracota color that is almost perfect. Depending on how much you put in and the BC base you are using you either have to add a little orange or brown or it might be perfect.

Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Katrina745 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:14am
post #4 of 8

Great! You guys are a lifesaver! I'm doing a rock climbing cake for a friend of mine's daughter's birthday with a terracotta mountain!

Thanks again for your help!

Joolz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joolz Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #5 of 8

I would mix 3 parts orange to 1 small part red and maybe just a tiny touch of brown if the red and orange don't work. Or bring orange with a tiny bit of brown. If you play with it, it will come out right and you won't have to buy another color, I make my own custom colors all the time and they always turn out how I want then to with a little this and that. Good Luck!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:21am
post #6 of 8

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/coloring/colormixingchart.htm This link takes you to a color mixing guide. While it doesn't have terracotta it does have rust which might be close to what you want.

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #7 of 8

I just made terracotta last night by mixing orange and brown until I reached the color I liked

Katrina745 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the help and the link to sugarcraft's color chart! This is a great website!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%