Chocolate Transfer Help, Please

Decorating By Tracy0127 Updated 14 Apr 2007 , 12:17am by springlakecake

Tracy0127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy0127 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 7

I just tried to do a CT of an engagement ring for a cake I'm making for a party tomorrow and it broke once I took it off of the parchment paper. Do you have to make them pretty thick? Or would I be better off doing a FBCT?

6 replies
notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 7

I have read through numerous threads that sometimes using saran wrap helps that way you just peel it off the back, also some things do have to be done twice or on the back too

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry, I've not yet made one. But I've read that removing the paper from the CT, works better than removing the CT from the paper.

Info on color-flo, picture flow and CT's:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-878171.html

HTH

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 7

I found that using wax paper works better than parchment. You can also do them on report folders that have a clear plastic cover or use the inserts for scrapbooks, I'm not too sure what they are called. I hope that helps!

bpshirley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bpshirley Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 7

Hi =) I love making chocolate transfers and have found that you do have to pipe the chocolate at least 1/8" thick or more. Just pipe or paint your details first, let them harden then go back and cover with a thicker layer of your background color. Have you ever read the Whimsical Bakehouse cookbook? I think you'd really enjoy reading her tutorials on chocolate tranfers. Good luck with your cake!

Tracy0127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy0127 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much! I've never read that cookbook. I'll have to check it out!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:17am
post #7 of 7

I do mine on the plastic report covers like mentioned. I ususally stick them in the freezer for a couple of minutes and usually they literally slide off when you take them out. You might want to make them a little thicker, especially at the seams becasue they can be pretty fragile depending on the design. A lot of times I just go over the entire back with a solid layer. They are not super thick, but not too thin either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%