You're Not Going To Believe This!!please Read All.

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm by cncgirl00

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 36

Yesterday was my birthday, so when my children came in from school, my hubby gave me a birthday present. He had gotten me "The Cake Bible" icon_biggrin.gif (I've been wanting it for a long time and was thrilled about it). Then we went out to eat. When we got back home I was looking through my new book and guess what!! Someone (at the store before DH bought it) had torn out two pages in the front where the pictures of decorated cakes are. icon_cry.gif Can you believe how absolutely rude and idiotic some people can be? I know I sure can't. It really just aggrivates me to no end!! So, anyway, DH called the store where he bought it and explained what happened. They don't have anymore in stock, so they're ordering one and it should be in within 2 weeks. But I thought it was very sweet and thoughtful for him to get it for me.

35 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 36

Thats horrible. I don't think i could ever rip any pages out of a book especially a cake book. Some people have no respect for things and it's a shame. Hope you get your new book soon.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 36

icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gif Hmmm, the good, the bad and the cake bible... sounds like a movie!! icon_biggrin.gif Yep, some people...icon_confused.gif Well enough said. Sounds like you have a fabulous hubby! I'd hang onto him if I were you! icon_lol.gif I have the cake bible and I love it too. I also have her pie and pastry bible! (Do I hear a vote for the bread bible?? icon_rolleyes.gif) You'll enjoy the book, it's one of the best out there. And Happy Birthday!!! icon_biggrin.gifparty.gifbirthday.gifmadhatter.gif

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 36

Only a butthead would do THAT, I on the other hand would have made a copy then returned the book. I'm cheap. icon_lol.gif What a thoughtful hubby you have. When I first started this, it was christmas time and my hubby filled my stocking with nothing but decorating suppies and the Wilton toolbox with more. We have good one's, huh?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 36

That's awesome of your hubby, but so RUDE and destructive of someone to do that! I sometimes wonder why people are so thoughtless and crass. Now what are you gonna do with 2 pages of pics I ask you? Nothing that's what! Enjoy you "new" copy that is an awesome resource book.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 36

Yeah your DH is wonderful...I ask for a milk glass cake stand and get a rolltop *##&^# #*&%%& %*% darn desk that we dont have room for!!!!! Wanna trade for the gifts?????

lol
Christi

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 36

Rip the pages out of a book?!?!?!?!

You might as well slap the Dali Lama in the face. Trip old ladies in the street. Steal food from children.

May the book ripping culprit have an itch on the inside of their body that cannot be relieved.

icon_mad.gif

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 36

Oh my gosh, in my responce, I forgot to wish you a happy belated birthday, so here goes.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif You know what? The book that is being ordered will be better than the first one anyway, because your hubby took the time to call the store and get you a perfect one, just for you.

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 36

All this talk about the cake bible, I'm going to have to get me one of those. It seems like a lot of people on this site swear by it. I guess that will be another one of my many purchases for my imaginary future cake business. Oh Yah, HAAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! thumbs_up.gif

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 5:14pm
post #10 of 36

hAPPY bIRTHDAY tO yOU!
hAPPY bIRTHDAY tO yOU!!
hAPPY bIRTHDAY, haPPY bIRTHDAY
hAPPY bIRTHDAY tO YOU!!!

Lotsa Birthday Hugs to you!

Loops
birthday.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 7:01pm
post #11 of 36

Thanks everyone!! You're all really wonderful. icon_biggrin.gif

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:24am
post #12 of 36

people are just plain selfish and do what the please. Makes you wonder how they were raised.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 4:11am
post #13 of 36

flowers40:
Happy Belated Birthday to you!! You actually have the same birthday as my sister. icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns: I didn't even know there was a pie and pastry bible. I'm guessing the name is "The Pie and Pastry Bible? Oooo, I'm really curious now, I'll have to find it too. I bet it's awesome. Thanks for that information. thumbs_up.gif

In my original post I didn't mention that DH also got "The Cake Mix Doctor." It's great also. But he also told me that while he was shopping he saw "The Cupcake Doctor" and "The Chocolate Doctor." Wow, so many great books. Good thing Mother's Day is coming up soon. My family knows without asking that I'm going to request "cake stuff" for gift giving occasions. LOL

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 4:25am
post #14 of 36

When I worked in a bookstore in Berkley, CA, someone had torn out Martha Stewart's face on the cover of everyone of her books.
Some people would actually come in and read one of our books and then crease the page and then return later, find the book and finish reading where they left off!
Oh, I forgot about the vaseline bandit, he or she would slime random books with vaseline. I'm not sure they ever caught him.

Happy belated birthday, your husband's a sweetheart.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #15 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsel8

When I worked in a bookstore in Berkley, CA, someone had torn out Martha Stewart's face on the cover of everyone of her books.
Some people would actually come in and read one of our books and then crease the page and then return later, find the book and finish reading where they left off!
Oh, I forgot about the vaseline bandit, he or she would slime random books with vaseline. I'm not sure they ever caught him.

Sheesh!! icon_confused.giftapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:15pm
post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake412

bobwonderbuns: I didn't even know there was a pie and pastry bible. I'm guessing the name is "The Pie and Pastry Bible? Oooo, I'm really curious now, I'll have to find it too. I bet it's awesome. Thanks for that information. thumbs_up.gif

In my original post I didn't mention that DH also got "The Cake Mix Doctor." It's great also. But he also told me that while he was shopping he saw "The Cupcake Doctor" and "The Chocolate Doctor." Wow, so many great books. Good thing Mother's Day is coming up soon. My family knows without asking that I'm going to request "cake stuff" for gift giving occasions. LOL

Yep, ole Rosie is making a cooks encyclopedia set for home use, one book at a time! icon_biggrin.gif She has the Cake bible, the Pie and Pastry bible, the Bread bible, a Christmas cookie book (which is very good I might add) and I don't remember if there is anything else in the works or not. I got my Cake bible from Amazon and did a search under her name, then went to B & N and looked at these books and ended up buying two of them.

The cake mix doctor, the cupcake doctor I both have and I want to get the chocolate doctor (which has more than just chocolate in it!), and I just love those books. They're all awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:29pm
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBerry

You might as well slap the Dali Lama in the face. Trip old ladies in the street. Steal food from children.

May the book ripping culprit have an itch on the inside of their body that cannot be relieved.

icon_mad.gif

My sentiments EXACTLY!!! I have TONS of books stored NICELY in rubbermaid containers because I don't know what to do with them! I NEVER EVER throw a book away and when I FINALLY did sell some at a rummage sale I almost made people sign a contract that they would take care of them! Yes, I know....I'm a FREAK!!

And the Vaselline bandit? That is VANDALISM with a capitol V!!!

Beth in KY

OH Yes and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:32pm
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, what is up with that? I went to buy a child's birthday present yesterday and a page of trading cards were missing out of the LAST American Girl care for your horse book. I figured some kid did it and moved on. I can't believe adults would something like that too.

dyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyna Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:33pm
post #19 of 36

Thanks 4 the info I didn't know there was such books out there I'm always afraid to try cakes on my own.Oh, bobwonderbuns I just love ur name icon_biggrin.gif

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm
post #20 of 36

Your husband did good!!! Too bad someone was so crass as to deface a book. And a bible at that!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you get your new copy soon and have many years of baking happiness.

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:44pm
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsel8

Crapola!!! People never cease to amaze me! icon_eek.gifthumbsdown.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:50pm
post #22 of 36

First of all....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

I bought one of the Wilton Wedding cake books, and when I got it home, several of the cake pictures had been torn out..... icon_mad.gif They gave me a new one, but why would someone DO THAT ??!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:18pm
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna

Thanks 4 the info I didn't know there was such books out there I'm always afraid to try cakes on my own.Oh, bobwonderbuns I just love ur name icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_rolleyes.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:28pm
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBerry

icon_mad.gif

My sentiments EXACTLY!!! I have TONS of books stored NICELY in rubbermaid containers because I don't know what to do with them! I NEVER EVER throw a book away and when I FINALLY did sell some at a rummage sale I almost made people sign a contract that they would take care of them! Yes, I know....I'm a FREAK!!

And the Vaselline bandit? That is VANDALISM with a capitol V!!!

Beth in KY

OH Yes and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Beth in ky, I am the came way with my books! I am positively possessive of them and their care. Any time you sell your books again let me know, I'll gladly take some off your hands and maybe switch some out with you!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:39pm
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Quote:

but so RUDE and destructive of someone to do that! I sometimes wonder why people are so thoughtless and crass.

These people aren't rude or crass, they are thieves pure and simple. They have destroyed the value of the book. Since they haven't taken the "whole" book, they don't think it counts. Most of this type of behavior starts early in life, they rip pages out of books in the library because they are too lazy to take notes or cheap to make photo copies. They get away with it in grade school and high school so it's ok later on.

nsouza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsouza Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:47pm
post #26 of 36

bobwonderbuns you are so funny! icon_lol.gif

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:54pm
post #27 of 36

Hey my birthday was 4-12 also. I was wishing for something cake related, but instead my 18 year old daughter got us a day at the spa(facial, massage, hair styled, manicure, pedicure and lunch). We had the spa day yesterday...and we had the best time.
I can't wait to see what she gets me for Mother's Day!

Happy belated birthday to you!!!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:55pm
post #28 of 36

Vasoline a book icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif that is wrong on so many levels.......pass me the Clorax!

"Hmmmmm, I think I'd be moving."

ShortcakesSweets Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 7:28pm
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara-ann

Hey my birthday was 4-12 also. I was wishing for something cake related, but instead my 18 year old daughter got us a day at the spa(facial, massage, hair styled, manicure, pedicure and lunch). We had the spa day yesterday...and we had the best time.
I can't wait to see what she gets me for Mother's Day!

Happy belated birthday to you!!!

Happy belated birthday to my birthday buddy!!
Awww, you have such a sweet, thoughtful daughter.

By the way, thanks to everyone for sharing your stories. I guess no matter where you live, you're going to find people who feel like the "rules" don't apply to them.

Amberslilzoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberslilzoo Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 10:34pm
post #30 of 36

People are unbelievable... I don't understand what runs through people's heads. Boo on them icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%