Any Elvis Fans Out There???? I Need Ideas

Decorating By lastingmoments Updated 29 Apr 2005 , 3:13am by CakeNewbie

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:07am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone....

I just got a pretty big order for an office.....one of the assistants is turning 65 yrs old...shes a huge Elvis fan ....so I was hired to make a cake for about 200-250 people. and decorate the office. Decorating is not a problem but am curious what you all think about the cake?

what would you do ??

8 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 11:25am
post #2 of 9

We just did this yesterday! Look under CAKE IDEAS "Need an easy pic for a BCT", some ideas and links there. Janice

angelkiss013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelkiss013 Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 11:28am
post #3 of 9

icon_lol.gif I asked the same question yesterday !
Here's the link

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2203.html

Annie

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 9

thanks you know that was my 1st thought ....bct...
but i wasnt sure that i would do it justice....those are cool ideas...

I really thought that should do something really different and was even thinking of a stacked cake....

since it is a large group of ladys.....i guess i just want WOW them so that they dont forget me when the next anyting comes up ....

wilton had a married couple in one of their books that was 3 teirs the 1st was the head and so on ....more like a cartoon....i was thinking of making a fondant or gumpaste capr with a cool design you know like the king would wear.....but when i search their was only one cape that they showed the back of the red,white, and blue eagle....and i wasnt sure i liked it......

my husband says im crazy ....

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:46am
post #5 of 9

Oh, I think an Elvis cake would be so fun to make!! I'm sure you will have fun!! Don't forget to let us see the pics! Make sure you have "his" sunglasses on the cake! Gotta have that! Blue suede shoes.... & that smile!!!!!! I'm 37 & I'm a big Elvis fan!!!! I haven't even seen all his movies either! Have fun!!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 2:18am
post #6 of 9

A thought was to write some of the song titles on the side of the cake. I also like a shilloutte (sorry for the typo) and maybe the lyrics to a song on top with Elvis in front of them.

Joe

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 2:22am
post #7 of 9

I love the idea of writing lyrics from some of his songs...you could maybe do a music sheet with notes and words or something....Long Live the King!

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 2:24am
post #8 of 9

I love the idea of writing lyrics from some of his songs...you could maybe do a music sheet with notes and words or something....Long Live the King!

CakeNewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeNewbie Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 3:13am
post #9 of 9

What about a carved sheet cake in the shape of and decorated as the gates of Graceland?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%