Store Bought Sugar Cookies??!?!?!

Baking By autobuni Updated 13 Apr 2006 , 10:07pm by autobuni

autobuni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autobuni Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have the recipe for those really yummy sugar cookies you can find at places like Walmart or a Supermarket. They almost taste like a cookie/cake. They aren't hard like your normal "sugar cookie". They are round, very soft and usually have festive frosting on them.

3 replies
Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 4

Autobuni, if you have the time, try the No Fail cookies listed in the recipe forum--they are worth it!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 4

I think you might be talking about the LoftHouse cookies. I've had them a time or two, and they are very yummy, LOL!

Here's a recipe that I've had saved for a while, not sure where it came from but it was posted on some message board or other. I've never made these, but if you do try them, let us know how they turn out!

Laura.

This is the recipe I use and they are Like Lofthouse Cookies. The recipe will make at least 6 dozen cookies, depending on the size of the cookie cutter you use. I don't think you will be disappointed if you give them a try. Good luck!

I did a little searching and this is the recipe I'm seeing most often listed. I've never made them so I hope this is what you're looking for

1 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups sour cream
5-6 cups flour (until desired consistency for rolling)

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired

frosting
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
food coloring (optional)
1 In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.
can also change the flavoring using other flavors

autobuni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autobuni Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 4

Yea!!! That IS what they are. Thank you so much!
You Rock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%