Can You Put A Bct On A Cookie?

Decorating By momsandraven Updated 28 Apr 2005 , 3:09pm by sgirvan

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 12

Do you have to have a layer of BC frosting for the transfer to stick to or can you transfer directly to a giant cookie? I want to make a pizza-sized cookie and thought a BCT would be fun if it's possible. Anyone tried this?

11 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 12

Oooo...that's a great idea! I'd be afraid using to much BC icing would soften the cookie. Maybe you could put down a layer of cookie icing first to kind of seal it?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 12

I am almost sure you can...

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 12

I've used BC on a cookie. No reason why you couldn't use a BCT.

Debbie

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 12

I use bc on cookies all the time. It may not look as nice as a glaze but i really love the taste of buttercream on a cookie.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 12

I've done a BCT on a cookie for my karate group and there was no problem with the cookie. I think the only hard part was was that I did regular small cookies and had to do many transfers. It was for a fundraiser though, so it was worth the work.
LL

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 12

Aupekkle- what kind of frosting did you use under the BCT for the cookies? Just buttercream or a cookie icing? (They look great, BTW, you should post this in the Cookie Photo gallery if you haven't already!)

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 10:36pm
post #8 of 12

Hi momsandraven,

Actually, I did a test batch and in those I used a whipped buttercream underneath the BCT. The one's in the photo have Alice's cookie icing as the background. Both came out pretty good.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 12:13am
post #9 of 12

Momsandraven

BCT on cookie cakes is a fantastic idea. I bet you'll get a lot of customers after you do this. Make sure you post your pictures so we can see them. Good luck!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:12am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aupekkle

I've done a BCT on a cookie for my karate group and there was no problem with the cookie. I think the only hard part was was that I did regular small cookies and had to do many transfers. It was for a fundraiser though, so it was worth the work.

Oh Wow! Your cookies look great! That is a lot of transfers...so nice when you can do that for such a good cause.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 6:51am
post #11 of 12

its official... I mentioned this to my neighbor and she said yes...because she has...but usually she makes only small cookies so only a heart usually goes on them... and if its a big cookie she's done it too, but where the bct was the cookie became really soft there....

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:09pm
post #12 of 12

I just did a big chocolate chip cookie cake yesterday and I decorated it with BC icing and it turned out just great, not too soft at all. I guess it depends what type of cookie you are putting it on and the consistency of your icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%