Cake Topper..how Can I Do This?

Decorating By cindww Updated 13 Apr 2006 , 12:41am by cindww

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

I'm new and I have an idea in my head but not sure how to execute it. I would like to make a crescent moon with a sleeping baby in it to top a cake. What is the best product to make this out of?

On a side note, I must really be spending too much time on this website: my 20 month old son just wandered into the kitchen with one of my bras wrapped around his foot and holding a pantiliner. haha!

4 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 5

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! That poor child, he willjoin the rest of the abandoned!!!!! We're all so addicted to this place, our houses aren't that clean, and our children eat the crumbs from the cakes we make! LOL

I would suggest fondant, maybe someone else knows better, though. Good Luck!!!!

lainee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainee Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

We're all so addicted to this place, our houses aren't that clean.... LOL

...And here I thought my house was the only one in a shambles! LOL

I have a wilton book that has a picture of the cake you are describing. They cut the moon and star out of fondant. I think it depends on your preference too. You could also do color flow, cookies, white chocolate, or candy melts.

Lainee

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

I have a cute piece of art that's just as you described. I used it on my "dreambaby" cake in my gallery. If you'd like, I can email you the artwork. It'd be easy done in a color flow or white chocolate plaque. I did mine with edible image on fondant plaque.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:41am
post #5 of 5

Here I was thinking I was so clever and I go to your gallery and you've already done my cake!! icon_smile.gif Your moon baby cake is beautiful. I would love it if you could email me the image.
Thanks, Cindy
[email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%