Anybody In North Carolina?

Decorating By lizziegirl Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 1:21am by MommaKeri

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 6

Does anybody live in Durham NC close to Duke's hospital?

I have a little friend there in the hospital. Her name is Alexia and she just turned 3 years old. She has been battleling leukemia since the age of 10 months. Yesturday she had her second cord blood transplant (She relapsed after the fist one) They live in Argentina and are here only for Alexia's transplant.

I would like to surprise Alexia and her one year old sister with a yummy beautiful cake, but I live in California, if any of you live close by and are willing to do that for me, I would appreciate it soooo much. If you are interested you can pm me. Thank you

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 6

personally too far way...

but there are at least 3 if not 4 or more CCers in the Triangle area.

so here's a bump to keep it up in view

markbolin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markbolin Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 6

I was diagnosed with cancer when i was 16 years old and spent time at the duke hospitol. I battled with it for several years and have been in remission for 13 years now.( thank you lord thumbs_up.gif ) I was really touched when i saw your message, I live in charlotte N.C not exactly close to duke but its driveable. I will P.M you for more details.

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 6

I'm about an hour from Durham. I would love to do it. I pm'd you my information already.

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 6

Markbolin, Thank you for bringing happiness to a family who doesn't have much of it.

They loved your cake! You sure went the extra mile for little Alexia. The cake was PERFECT.

God bless you always.

MommaKeri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaKeri Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 1:21am
post #6 of 6

I am also in Durham - and frequently making trips over to Duke (to take my own daughter for treatments), so if they need anything else you can PM me.

I am a novice when it comes to cakes - but it is love that counts.
I'll be back up there on Tuesday - the 17th and would be happy to make a small blanket or other comfort item for her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%