What Would You Serve?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 5:45pm by gateaux

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

I need to come up with a menu quickly. It's for a "Paris" themed event, they were thinking about a coffee bar type thing. Bite sized desserts and the like. My son goes to the school so I was thinking of offering a discounted price so nothing too expensive. I have 2 chocolate fountains so that's an idea. What would you put on the menu? TIA!

5 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 6

crepes are the only thing i can think of this am. HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 6

Petit Fours, Napoleans, Croquembouche, Madeleines...

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

Also, eclairs, cream puffs.

sweetconfections1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetconfections1 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

I do not know the actual name, but it is a puff pastry the size of a large biscuit 1/2 open faced with flavored (strawberry, or almond) whipped cream with slices of fruit (strawberry, blueberry, etc.) stck in the whipped cream.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 6

On the streets of Paris, you can purchase crepes pretty much everywhere Usually a 14 inch diameter. They simply fill them with nutella, or whip cream or fruit. If you made them small enought like 6 inches you could have them sitting and people could fill them or you could have them pre-done too, you simply spread the filling and fold them in half and again you get little triangles. I often make these ahead of time and freeze them between wax paper. I fill them once they are thawed. They are great.

Also Napoleon's are my favorites, there are so many combo's whip cream, custard any flavor.
The easiest migth be eclairs and cream puffs, you make mini ones, they are so fun. Also mini fruit tarts with a little custard on the base and covered with 1/2 a strawberry or other little berries and a Simple Glaze. Or just a little dazzel of chocolate.

Oh and if you are using your chocolate fountain, you might just make up little cups of fresh fruits or marshmallow and have the kids drizzle those with chocolate. You could even use the mini-sized sample ice cream cones.

There are no many options.

I wish you luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%