Buttercream On Carrot Cake

Decorating By lori83179 Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 5:07pm by indydebi

lori83179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori83179 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 8

has anyone ever done a carrot cake and used buttercream icing instead of the cream cheese icing??? Did it taste ok with buttercream?

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 8

it tastes good!!! Of course I LOVE LOVE LOVE cream cheese icing but not everyone done......yes it tastes fine.......most supermarkets ice in cream cheese and decorate with bc on carrot cakes anyhow

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 8

I just did for Easter due to the fact I needed it to crust. I was kind of worried about the buttercream not being the traditional way to go, but it didn't effect the taste at all. I thought about making the filling a cream cheese icing, but ended up not wanting the extra work. I was pleased with the buttercream though so it didn't matter either way.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 8

i think buttercream is just as rich, just a different flavor. all personal preference of the person eating it.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 8

Just don't use any almond for your flavoring....... beleive me when I say, it doesn't go well with carrot cake.....

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 8

I used buttercream on a spice cake I did for Halloween. I was worried too because it usually has a cream cheese icing on it. I know it's not carrot, but it's similar. It was actually quite tasty. I liked it better with the buttercream.

lori83179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori83179 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate it!! I think i'll give the buttercream a try with carrot cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 8

Do it all the time. Also on red velvet. Rarely use cream cheese icing on anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%