Plsss Help!!!! Want To Make Boxing Glove Cake,,,reallyy Bad!

Decorating By smokvica Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 8:36am by idoweddingcookies

smokvica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokvica Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 7:27am
post #1 of 5

Hi!!!
I just first of all have to say i love this page... its GREATT!!! Am completely new to all of this, i baked my first cake for my moms 50th birthay,,,it was heart shaped,,, and i drizzled chocolate all over it,, it looked very good for my first cake and everyone was amased..that i made it!!! Now i REALLY want to make a boxing glove cake for my boyfriends birthday,,he is a boxer. Making it with fondt ,,looks really neat and cool,,,but i have no idea where to start and how to shape them. I would really love any help. I found the recipe for the cake,,that is easy to shape on this site,,and how to make the fondt,,,but how will i shape it to look like a glove??? PLSSS help icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
smokvica Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 7:37am
post #2 of 5

I was going to use the Decedent white chocolate cake w rasberry filling w buttercream frosting and use Lisas best mmf ever. Thats what i have so far,,, and i was going to mix color before i melt the marshamllows so i get the color right away!!!! Is this a good start????

Thank you again icon_smile.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 7:42am
post #3 of 5

Hi,

You can go to galleries, then click on 3d cakes and then do a search for "boxing gloves".. here is one that I just found for you.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=boxing%20gloves&cat=0&pos=0&search=boxing%20gloves

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

smokvica Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 8:12am
post #4 of 5

Those look awesome,,, i looked in gallery and found 2 or 3 that i like,,,but i dont know how to shape them ,,so that my cake will loook like that!!!!!!!! That is my problem,,,how do i shape them to look like that??????

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 8:36am
post #5 of 5

Considering I only did my first sculpted cake today, I'm not the best person to advise, if you want to make 2 gloves I would make a couple of cakes big enough to carve the basic shape of the glove out (depending on how big you want them) torte them to add abit of height. Then use a knife to cut out the shape of them (easier to carve when the cake is frozen), then maybe use a spoon to gently carve out the inside of the glove.. not sure if I'm explaining that clearly. Then either cover them in fondant or MMF.
Hope that helps a little, but I'm know there are way more experienced decoraters out there willing to help.. You could send a PM to any of the people that you liked their pictures of and ask them how to do it.
Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%