My Website Is Up And Running- Tell Me What You Think!

Business By amberlicious Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm by gary2007

amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 18

I need suggestions/ideas etc for my website. I need to finish pricing out the 'other desserts' but other than that I"m done. I feel like I've been looking at it so long that my eyes are crossing. So I'm not sure what I'm missing. Let me know what you think.

www.amberliciouscakes.com

TIA! Amber

17 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 18

Looks great. I would try to add more pictures of your work so people can get a better idea of you as an artist.

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 18

very nice website!

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 18

It looks great! Congrats to you! Info is quick and easy to get.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 18

Hi there,
I took a moment to look at your website and I think it looks really good. I did catch a few typos (I tried to bold them so they will stand out), I hope you don't mind:

Tastings can be arranged for a $30 fee that will be credited towards your final cost if you decide to got with Amberlicious Cakes for your wedding

Premium Cake Fillings and frostings:

Lime or Lemon curd, cream cheese frosting, fresh fruit fillings, stabilized whipped cream, cream puff filling, chocolate gnache or whipped chocolate ganache

1/4 Sheet cake serves 45: $45.00 (I bolded this one because the others are capitalized and this one is not)

1/2 Sheet Cake serves 60: $60.00

Whole Sheet Cake serves 72: $75.00

Basic cupcakes start at $25.00 for 2 dozen. They can be filled with buttercream, puddings or stabalized whipped cream.

I do ask that kitchen cakes are ordered from me and not other bakery's if you order your wedding cake through me. (this should either be bakeries or another bakery)

The only other thing I would say is maybe more pictures? Great work, I wish you lots of luck!
Crissy usaribbon.gif

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 18

hi amber,
the site is nice. i personally like a bit more color. maybe a background of some sort. your choc. cake on the top grabs attention.
i saw one misspelled word on the front opening page...it reads ''desert ''instead of ''dessert''. just forgot one s.

but thats the nice thing is they can be updated and changed as needed, ive changed mine multipule of times.

best of luck, you will deff. get more traffic now.

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 18

I agree about adding more pictures but it looks great! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 18

Hey amber,
Site looks good. More pictures I'm sure are coming with all the cake orders you'll be getting.
What kind of competition is out in Vegas?
I lived there a long time and loved it. I go back 3 times a year. AHHHHH all that sin and food.
Good luck.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 18

nice site---any way to change the font size? a bit small. logo a bit bigger so it stays with you after you have left the site.

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:10pm
post #10 of 18

It looks great!! Awesome job! I know how much work that takes.
I love the clean design! It's easy to read and navigate.

The picture viewer on your home page is cool, but it doesn't fully display on my screen. I can tell there are thumbnails across the bottom, but can only see the tops, not the full thumbnail. It does advance the photos nicely, though. I'm using WindowsXP Internet Explorer version 6, with my resolution set to 1024x768- maybe it's a screen resolution thing.

I would only put one photo of each cake in the gallery on your home page. In fact, I would just pick your top 10 cakes to put there. Then I would separate the cakes under the "Celebration" and "Wedding" headings, if you can put a viewer like the one on your home page on each of those pages, too.

But overall, great job!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:14pm
post #11 of 18

I think the site looks great. I agree with more pictures but if your like me I don't have many as of yet. The one thing I did realize was in the cookie section you mentioned Tollhouse chocolate chip. I would change it to just be Chocolate Chip. I think mentioning Tollhouse would be a copyright infringement.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:33pm
post #12 of 18

It wasn't until I was leaving the site, I went back to the home page and then stumbled on the fact that there was an album on that front page. I originally thought it was just that first picture there. I had trouble figuring out how to use it. Maybe a little instruction on top would help.

Otherwise it was very nice.

markbolin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markbolin Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:18am
post #13 of 18

Very nice and as the group said I would add more pictures.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:09am
post #14 of 18

I too say more pictures. icon_wink.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:21am
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by albumangel

I would only put one photo of each cake in the gallery on your home page. In fact, I would just pick your top 10 cakes to put there.

Exactly what I was going to say. There's not really a need for 2 views of one cake/item. It makes it seem as though you are trying to get more photos in there to fill up space. Picking your 10 best...and only one view of each...would be a great idea. thumbs_up.gif You can always adjust the photos and rotate through different ones every few weeks/months, showcasing newer items or even seasonal favourites that may be of interest at that time of year.

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:23am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by albumangel

It looks great!! Awesome job! I know how much work that takes.
I love the clean design! It's easy to read and navigate.

The picture viewer on your home page is cool, but it doesn't fully display on my screen. I can tell there are thumbnails across the bottom, but can only see the tops, not the full thumbnail. It does advance the photos nicely, though. I'm using WindowsXP Internet Explorer version 6, with my resolution set to 1024x768- maybe it's a screen resolution thing.

I would only put one photo of each cake in the gallery on your home page. In fact, I would just pick your top 10 cakes to put there. Then I would separate the cakes under the "Celebration" and "Wedding" headings, if you can put a viewer like the one on your home page on each of those pages, too.

But overall, great job!

I'm having the same problem, can just see the tops of the thumbnails..Agree that you should divide your pictures into categories.
Otherwise very nice site.
icon_smile.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:27am
post #17 of 18

Your site looks great! As someone else mentioned, I could only see the tops of the thumbnails in your picture viewer....could be a screen resolution thing I guess....but you may want to check. Also, I would add more pics, BUT, only one picture of each cake....sometimes you have several pics of the same cake. I would pic the best out of them and go with one of each!

Looks great....and I especially love how the large picture ZOOMS! Great feature!

gary2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gary2007 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm
post #18 of 18

Good site. If you want to get more people finding you through search engines, you'll really need to re-think your page titles, meta keywords and description tags. Page name ( 1.htm, 2.htm, 3.htm etc ) won't help much either. I would suggest CelebrationCakes.htm, WeddingCakes.htm, CakePricing.htm page names that reflect the content.

Consider some plain text links too. Header text ( I.e - "Welcome to Amberlicious Desserts by Design" ) should be contained within <h1> tags </h1>

Like the design though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%