Cake Decorating Video

Decorating By butternut Updated 9 Apr 2006 , 7:48pm by irisinbloom

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 18

Hi everyone. I was just looking on eBay for a cake decorating video. I came across one by the CakeGenie called Buttercream flowers. It's a video showing exactly how to make certain flowers, borders, etc. I haven't been able to take any classes on decorating and I thought this might be a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of this video or possibly owns it. Thanks so much.

17 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 18

Are you talking about the dvd to make buttercream flowers on the cake if so, I have it and it is very good.

The cover is yellow with a blue trim, if so I like it.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 18

For those of you who would like to see it . Now look at her listing becuase she all ways has them on their so you do not have to go crazy on the bidding. You can also see a sample of the work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUTTERCREAM-FLOWERS-2-DVDs-Cake-Decorating-Video-set_W0QQitemZ4453516669QQcategoryZ46281QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

butternut Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 18

Leana, yep that's the one. I just ordered it. I haven't been able to take any classes so I thought this might help me out a little bit. Her feedback is wonderful and with you saying that it is good, that was enough for me. Thanks so much. Can't wait to get it.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 18

butternut, I also bought this video from her, she to me does some amazing and beautiful flowers. I haven't got to try any of them yet, but she really makes it look easy. Best money I ever spent on a videoicon_smile.gif

mscorliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mscorliss Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 18

I have her beginners video and I really like it!!

butternut Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 18

irisinbloom, that is so great to hear. I'm really looking forward to getting this video. I've picked up a couple of decorating books but I have a hard time figuring out how to make flowers from a description. I read it and say what? I read it again and again and it just never makes any sense icon_confused.gif I really need to see them being done. I've taught myself how to make roses but that's about it. I think this is really what I need. Thanks for letting me know that you have it too.

butternut Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 18

mscorliss, I should be getting the beginners DVD also. It's coming as a bonus to the other DVD. Since, I really have no clue what I'm doing, this will really be nice to have. Thanks, and I'm glad that you really like yours.

irisinbloom Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 12:05am
post #9 of 18

I'm sure you will enjoy it, mine also came with a beginners video, but I haven't watched it. And I'm like you I just never could read how to do something and it just don't click with me, enjoy your videoicon_smile.gif

butternut Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 12:12am
post #10 of 18

Thanks irisinbloom. I kept thinking that I should be able to understand the instructions from the book but most of it just doesn't make any sense to me. I think the video will help out a lot. One of these days, I hope to actually take classes. I hear they are a lot of fun.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 12:13am
post #11 of 18

Thanks Leana for the link. I am going to order it too. I have a Nicholas Lodge video that I like and the ones from Earlene Moore. Probably could do without Earlenes since I don't decorate that way and I have not had much luck with the impression mats. her website is good though.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:53am
post #12 of 18

Looks good. Has anyone tried her icing recipe? icon_lol.gif

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 2:10pm
post #13 of 18

OH...............Butternut
Your cakes are fabolous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm all for learning all I can. You have such a natural talent that you will continue to do well. Good luck with the videos. Keep up the beautiful work. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif
Tabby

butternut Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 2:33pm
post #14 of 18

Thank you so much Tabby. That was mighty sweet of you to say. I've got soooo much to learn and I want to learn it yesterday icon_smile.gif I wish I could find someone that lives around me that is also interested in cake decorating. I bet it's even more fun when you can do it with a friend. Anyway, I've been able to pick up a couple of things from the books that I have but I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD. I'm having a ball!!!!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 3:18pm
post #15 of 18

I want that video too. I've always wanted to make other buttercream flowers without using royal icing. I think this purchase will be worth it. Thanks guys.

butternut Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 3:23pm
post #16 of 18

AgentCakeBaker, that is my thought too. Everyone that I know whats to be able to eat "everything" on the cake. They don't want to pick off any royal icing flowers. I've never tried to do any flowers with royal icing but from the pictures that I've seen, there is no question that they seem more detailed than buttercream. But I'd really like to just stay with the buttercream.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 5:12pm
post #17 of 18

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the link and the info on these dvd's, I just ordered a set too! Janice

irisinbloom Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 7:48pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Looks good. Has anyone tried her icing recipe? icon_lol.gif

Yes I tried her icing recipe, she sent it with the video and it was also on her description page on E-Bay, it is really good. I mix it for the full ten minutes as she said to do and it gets really fluffyicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%