Ok...stupid Cupcake Question....

Decorating By chyana66 Updated 9 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm by chyana66

chyana66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chyana66 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 10

Ok...I feel really stupid asking this, but you know those silver foil cupcake cups....are you supposed to leave the paper liner in them when you bake them or is the paper just between them to make them easier to get apart? icon_redface.gif

Thanks!

9 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 10

I bake them in the liners. Never had a problem. And by the way missy, there are NO stupid questions on Cake Central! icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 10

yes you leave the liners in. With the foil liners you can use them without using a cupcake pan. You just fill the paper liner with batter and place on a cookie sheet.

Then once they have cooked you take the foil off and still have the paper liner on.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 10

Reynolds® Paper Baking Cups are made of high strength waxed treated paper that is suitable for baking or microwaving. Reynolds® Foil Baking Cups can stand alone on a cookie sheet so no muffin pan is needed!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 10

I like to use the foil cups for the foil "look" even though their purpose is so that people can bake muffins/cupcakes without muffin pans.

So when I use them, I only use the foil part and put them into muffin pans like a regular liner. I keep the liner papers and use them when I want just a white cupcake liner.

From everyone's responses, it soundsl like you can use them either way. icon_smile.gif

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 10

Funny thing is we never read the box. It states on the box of those aluminum baking cups "remove the paper liners".

chyana66 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately Kayakado, the cups I purchased came in a small plastic "cup" and there were no instructions printed anywhere on it other than "no muffin pan needed". Seems like I can pretty much do anything I want with them from the sounds of it. Awolf24, I too plan to use them for the "look" - 150 cupcakes for a wedding in may. Guess I'll have to decide whether to leave the paper in them or not....I'm leaning towards not.

Thanks for all your input!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 10

When I am going for the "look", I leave the white liners out. Everytime I have baked with the liners in, the liner and foil seperate(sp?) and the foil comes off way too easily.

tccksmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tccksmith Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 10

Finally somebody asked!! I read the box too and it says to discard them....and I want to ask, then why put them in there??

chyana66 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm
post #10 of 10

Hey, thanks for the tip Gina!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%