Great Experience With Red Velvet Cake Iii Recipe

Baking By RhondaK Updated 28 Apr 2005 , 9:19pm by m0use

RhondaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RhondaK Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 3:51am
post #1 of 4

Hello all!! I'm brand new here (and with cake-making in general). First of all, this is such a great site....what a great group of people and good info/help at the tip of my fingers 24/7!!!

I used the Red Velvet Cake III recipe this weekend for an event I was helping with....it was a hit! That recipe is wonderful. I doctored it just a bit; I actually added just a tad more vanilla pudding mix than the recipe calls for. It was soooo moist. I also didn't use the icing from the III recipe - had one of my own I wanted to try.

I can't advertise as of yet, so I was really excited when someone asked me for contact information in case they wanted to call on me for future events. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

Welcome Rhonda! CC is like a 24/7 cake decorating help line...everyone here has so much to contribute and they're very willing to share. Your cake must have been very good thumbs_up.gif ...people don't ask for contact info unless they were impressed--that's great!

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:15am
post #3 of 4

Do you think that I could use red paste coloring? I can't seem to find red liquid around here anymore. Would I use a whole jar of it? Wouldn't that taste icky? The only way I can find the liquid is if I buy all four colors - then I'm stuck with them! I need a red velvet cake for June.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

I don't see why that would not work, make sure you get a no-taste red so that it does not taste as icky. Then add a portion at a time until you get the desired color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%