Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 2466

Ok, girls, here we go.......................what are the rules first off?

1. we're here to support each other so we can be healthy & happy

what else???

2,465 replies
mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 2466

Here's a weight chart......it's in pounds, sorry I'm in the US, maybe someone else can post one in another weight.

http://www.weightchart.org/

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 2466

2) We must be honest when we post our weight!!

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 2466

2) a. We need to post our height too and size of body frame

socake Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 2466

I will start if you like,

I weigh 82.2 Kg I should weigh between 58 - 62Kg

160 cm tall PEAR SHAPED FRAME!!!!!

I'm 30 years old.

I want to reach my goal weight of 60Kg

HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED!!!!!

Sandra

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 2466

Ok, Ok....I guess I will go next. I weighed this morning and after viewing that chart I posted, I guess I'm obese!

I'm 5'4" tall and I weighed 255.5 lbs this A.M. icon_cry.gif Sheesh, I think I'm gonna need the most help on here....I know I'm crazy now, I just told the world how much I weigh, my dh doesn't even know!!!!

Let's see..........really top heavy, no hips or butt, just belly!! I've had 2 csections! I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant.

I would like to weigh 140 when it's all said and done.

I kept telling you all that I was FAAAAAT icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

socake Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 2466

Good on you!

Now think about what you will change to help you loose weight!!

I am going to skip using a skipping rope (Jump rope not sure what you guys call it!!!) for half and hour in the morning before breakfast. Every day.

You could do the same or maybe something else like give up soft drinks (sodas)

There is no turning back now!!

meet you back here one week from now!!!

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 2466

Okey dokey, I guess I should jump on that expensive dust collector, that treadmill sitting over in the corner.........I drink plenty of water and diet dr pepper, but....I need to give up chocolate!

Good Luck, so cake............next weigh in is in one week.........gotcha!
good luck!!!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 2466

i am 28, 5'5" with two kids 5 and 8 and i weighed 135lbs in high school and now i am 245lbs. and i want to get back down to 135lbs my 10 year high school reunion is coming up in the fall and i dont want to look like this. i am going to start walking on my treadmill and drinking nothing but water and eating a smaller portion of each meal.

now i remember blittle6 did a thread like this and it just slowly went away so this time we have to keep up with it.

carla

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:08pm
post #10 of 2466

Ok, but how do we make ourselves get on that treadmill everyday?!?!?

The smallest size I ever wore was a 5, and that's when I was like 16...I usually stayed around a 7/8; and I was fine with that because I have a larger frame.

But, when those kids came along.....so did a lot of weight!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!

I have 2 boys and a hubby that do NOT like the word DIET! So........it's hard to keep stuff in here for them and not be tempted to eat it!

I like this, it helps......I havent' even ate anything today, I know, I know..that's bad....sometimes I just don't want to eat and when I do want to eat, I eat the wrong thing.

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to mention, a year ago, I weighed 273, so I've lost since then, but I've come to a dead stop!!!!

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:12pm
post #11 of 2466

I am 40 years old, guess the old lady here LOL. I am 5-5 and weigh like I said earlier 212.8. I would love to be 150 but will be happy at 160. I think another rule here should be no calling ourselves fat, only positive outlooks and positive reactions to ourselves. This will instill a positive aura (if you will) around us and our changes. Just remember baby steps. If chocolate is a very big part of your life now, just cut down, if you try to go cold turkey you may have large set backs. (sound like I have been here before? Yep I have!) Then next week or in two weeks cut down a little more until you have made that goal, then choose another one.

I will work out everyday, used to work out 7 days a week for 1 hour on the treadmill going at a good speed at an incline, now I can barely make it 20 minutes going slowley and flat. I have a great deal of work to do.

My first baby step will be to work up my treadmill time to 30 minutes, my time frame will be two weeks, hopefully less.

Has anyone heard of the Yoga Booty Ballet DVD work out system? I bought it and it kicked my behind and I haven't tried it again. I will try to do this once a week. Its really quite fun.

OK good luck to all and if you need any support remember we are all here to help each other. feel free to PM me anytime, I check this site several times a day during the week and at least once a day on the weekends.

Michelle

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:13pm
post #12 of 2466

that will happen and that is when you have to really push your self. we make a vow...

i promise to get on the treadmill every morning or afternoon even if it is a weekend and the DH is home. i will walk or run for 1/2 mil for at least three weeks and then slowly move up to 1 mile.

now cut your finger and sign in blood.. icon_wink.gif just kidding.

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:15pm
post #13 of 2466

Ouch!

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 2466

Oh, you were kidding...oops!

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:16pm
post #15 of 2466

you know we could start 1/4 mil

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:34pm
post #16 of 2466

I vow to be your supporter and to remind you every week! thumbs_up.gif
And when I get a scale, I will weigh myself and post my info on this board too. I do want to lose a few pounds, I think I am afraid to look at my scale. My weekness is not exercising enough and eating too much McDonald's breakfast food....I realized that I have had McDonald's breakfast almost every day on my way in to work (4 days in a row! icon_eek.gif

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:42pm
post #17 of 2466

Hi gals,

I also want/need to lose some weight. I need to lose about 60lbs. At this point, I weight 192. Yuck.

I was thinking, I wonder if we could all pm our e-mail address, and then do this via-email. For two reasons, for one, it would be more private, but most importantly, we wouldn't miss the thread. If there's that e-mail staring us in the face, we kinda have to reply. right?

Just a thought thumbs_up.gif

Denise

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:48pm
post #18 of 2466

that is fine with me we could all give our emails then what i would do is put them all together in a file in my email then i would weigh in and email it to everyone at one time. its fine with me if everyone wants to.

Karate Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:51pm
post #19 of 2466

I don't have a problem doing either way, however doing an email will keep any others who may want to loose and need a support team from joining, not knowing this is going on.

Any one have a thought on this?

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:55pm
post #20 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by alracntna

that is fine with me we could all give our emails then what i would do is put them all together in a file in my email then i would weigh in and email it to everyone at one time. its fine with me if everyone wants to.

heres mine

Moderator edit to remove e-mail

Kiddo, you might want to remove your email, you would be surprised how much junk and spam you can get by leaving your email address on a cake site, I know it created a lot of problems for me on the Wilton site.
Hugs Squirrelly

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 4:58pm
post #21 of 2466

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................McDonalds.......................hmmm........................................No! (slap on the hand) bad girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hey, you gotta have humour don't ya?!?!?!?!

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 5:17pm
post #22 of 2466

thanks squirrelly but now you have it on here with your post.

i took it off the post i made.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 5:56pm
post #23 of 2466

Haha, those moderators are quick, I was going to edit it as soon as hubby left from lunch. Thanks moderators!
Hugs Squirrelly

alracntna Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 6:03pm
post #24 of 2466

thanks yall...

suzystewart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzystewart Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 6:23pm
post #25 of 2466

Alright, I'm in!! I am 5 feet, 7 inches tall, and weigh 185 pounds. I would love to be what I was in high school which was 118 pounds. But I realize I'll probably never be that small considering I've had 2 children (3 pregnancies). I guess a realistic weight loss for me would be 55 pounds. I should start walking my 3 miles and STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE!!!! I should also mention that I have hypothyroidism, but I'm on a really good medication that seems to be working. I also had my cholesterol tested - it was 231-I'm only 26-years-old. Talk about a heart attack. My mother died from heart disease, and that scared me. That will be my motivator and the fact that I would LOVE to get into my bathing suit this year and not hide in jeans and t-shirts.

I"M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY!!!
(Spongebob Squarepants)

Karate Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 6:38pm
post #26 of 2466

welcome suzystewart, we are growing and all ready to support each other. just remember if you hit a rough spot and are reaching for something not so healthy, give a yell here, I'm sure someone will be on line.

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 7:24pm
post #27 of 2466

Hi! Im goging to weightwatchers meeting and Its really good, but still need the support from here (and offer it)
Im 5'6", this mornig was 157.6 lb and my goal is 135, and on top of that firm up my stomach skin that looks terrible (strech marks and cellulite bumps and just plain ugly) My cake making hobby Its actually not helping, so this tread is perfect...
tHis is what I do to prevent me from eating the cake mix (love it): fill the

sink with soapy (have to be soapy) water and sumerge everething as soon as Im done with it, no time to lick!!!!

Get mint sugar freee gum while Im baking

Have somebody that you trust to try the cake (my dh is perfect)

Claudia

Karate Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 7:28pm
post #28 of 2466

awesome idea Claudia about he sink of soapy water! My boyfriend doesn't care for sweets so not sure he would be good as my tester, however I may ask him.

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 7:33pm
post #29 of 2466

I put tons of soap in the water sink, just water did not work for me...still like the watery taste of the uncooked cake mix...

But I have lost 12 lb in the last 3 months, for many people I dont need to feel like I feel, but I feel like I was 500 lb, I dont even look at myself naked in the mirror or intimate with my dh with the ligths on...It hard to explain

Karate Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 8:16pm
post #30 of 2466

perhaps hard to explain, but most of us understand perfectly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%