Aaaahhhh At Last

Decorating By elin Updated 24 Apr 2005 , 5:09pm by elin

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 8

My computer has failed me for a week now. icon_sad.gif Something about the photoprogram. It is so boring when that happends. Dh detective.gif has fixed it today. So I could post my last weeks photo. birthday.gif

Dont you just hate it too when something happends to your computer ? icon_cry.gif

icon_smile.gif

7 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 8

I feel completely lost if I don't get my daily CakeCentral fix! icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 8

icon_cry.gif yes, I hate it.

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 8

I absolutely go crazy when the computer is down, icon_cry.giffortunately when our main one goes down I have DH laptop to use though if he is doing his homework (decided to go back to school to do computer forensics) then I'm really antsy.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 8

your cakes are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! can i ask you about your 3/d bear cake? i tried making that yesterday....and it was a disaster! first, the inside wasnt all the way done, and the outside (yes, it ran over) was burnt...when i took it out of the pan, i realized it was completly hollow inside because of the heating core....then it collapsed! now, i have to try this again, although i dont care alot for the trial and error method, haha
would you share your secrete to a great 3/d bear cake?
melody

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 8

Glad you are back! We all hate it when we can't get to CC, the website was down for a few hours a while back and I was definitely in withdrawal!

Elin, your cakes really are great, and you seem to have mastered the teddy bear very well. I have done only one successfully.

Maybe instead of the core, we should try using the flower nail, it would not take up so much room, of course if it runs over like mine do (I don't think I used a core at all), the nail might just erupt out of the mold! LOL One secret is obviously not to fill the thing too full! Janice

elin Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 8

Well I do not think I have a big secret, but this is what I do.
I fill it up to the legs, and put the core inside.
I cook it for almost 20 minutes more than regular pan.
Only what is different is maybe that I make a choclate core the day before, to replace the steel one.
You only add little oil into the core and let all sides be oily. Then lett it stand uppside down to get out the over oil. Melt some choclate and pure it in. Full.
Let it stand cold night over and releece it from the core. It is ready to use.
When I finich the cake I do not open at once. Let it cool for 15 min. After you cool half side at the time.
It sounds maybe simple, but I have had disasters too.
As it has become a favorit cake for many of my customers, it has not allways been my favorit. It needs more care to make than the others.
icon_smile.gif

elin Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

I forgot to say. I have electric oven only, so the timing for gas oven I do not know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%