Anyone Form Ky?

Lounge By Adrienne0317 Updated 9 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm by Adrienne0317

Adrienne0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne0317 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:31am
post #1 of 7

My family and I are moving to KY (from VT)the Campbellsville area, in a few weeks, can anyone tell me were the classes are, best shops and such? I am really interested in the fondant and gumpaste class. Thanks to all for any help.

6 replies
imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 7

Hey Adrienne0317! Welcome to KY! I live in the Louisville area so I'm not really sure what's out in Campbellsville. There aren't a lot of good shops or anything in Kentucky unfortunately. Cincinnati & Indiana have some places. We have Michael's Wilton classes. There are a few Hobby Lobby's scattered about too. I usually order online from countrykitchensa.com - they have excellent customer service and really fast shipping. It's the only place I've found that's close by and has the stuff I need.

Good luck with your move!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 7

Hey I am from Breckinridge Co. about 75 miles from Louisville * waving to imartsy * , hope you like Kentucky it isn't to bad but like imartsy said there aren't many speciality shops around..some off the road shops scattered but nothing big.

Glad to have ya!!
Christi

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 7

Hi! Welcome to KY! Unfortunately I am a long way from Campbellsville so I have no clue as to what stores they have. I live in Barbourville and we don't have anywhere to shop here. We have to go to Lexington or Knoxville, TN for practically everything. I was sitting here trying to think of where Campbellsville was because I know I have been there for something but am drawing a blank on why. I'll have to wait until DH comes home and ask him why we went there. Good luck and hope you like it in KY.

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #5 of 7

I don't really live in KY we live in southern IN 10miles to Louisville. So (KY) that's where my bread and butter comes from, as well as most counrty folk on the sunny side of Louisville icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, welcome to our area. Lots less snow here for you thumbs_up.gif Online purchases are the way I go also. Ben Franklin and Hobby Lobby offer 40 and 50% off about once a month so I do try to get in for those. Ben Franklin has Wilton class also.

laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #6 of 7

Hi Adrienne
I used to live in Clarksville back in the 80's. (long time ago) Anyways I live in TN. now. You are about an hour from Nashville and there is a cake shop named Sweet Wise (owner's name is Kathy) she has a lot of supplies plus she also offers classes. You can visit her website www.sweetwise.com get her phone#. She's a very sweet person.
If you need anything just let me know.
Nely

Adrienne0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrienne0317 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thank you all very much, I can't wait to move. I am sure the family and I are going to love the area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%