Need Ideas For 16 Yr Old Boy Birthday Cookies

Baking By shanasweets Updated 6 Apr 2007 , 3:55am by pink_bunny03

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:46am
post #1 of 5

My son will be 17 yr old in a couple weeks. We homeschool, but he is taking law enforcement at the votech. I wanted to make cookies for him to take, but having trouble wiht ideas. I ordered a badge cookie cutter, but I am not that good to make a actual badge out of it. He doesn't want happy birthday on the cookies. Looked thru the gallery just did not find much. Any ideas?

4 replies
Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:57am
post #2 of 5

how about a mixed bouquet, for ex. car, football, #16 AND SO ON..

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 1:05am
post #3 of 5

with just a square cookie cutter you could make a name tag/ID. Or how about a fake ticket? maybe with a round cookie you could have a police hat? Just some ideas on top of my head! If he is 17 does he have music interests? I know a lot of kids have Ipods or zoons and you could do that on a rectangle cookie!
Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

I think your badge idea is a good one and you could do it very simply. Just outline the cookie in one bright color, fill it with another color, let dry, then pipe a big #17 on it. Ask your son for his favorite 3 colors and I think he'll be pleased with his "birthday badges".

pink_bunny03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pink_bunny03 Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 3:55am
post #5 of 5

what about connecting 2 round cookies with a piece of dough or a heart shape turned upside down and making hand cuffs. the design is relatively simple. take really simple shapes and make them in to different things, like above with the ticket or make jail bars. just sit down and let the creative juices flow!

best of luck, what ever you make will be awesome!

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%