Edible Image Bleed Thru

Decorating By Bettye Updated 31 Mar 2006 , 5:57pm by Lisa

Bettye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettye Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

I have a White Cake and I want to put an edible image on it with the Barnyard Babies transfer. The Barnyard babies are purple yellow white and pink. I am concerned because I did an edible Image before and the Cake was Chocolate and the Image was white and the white icing bleed through. Im just trying to see what I can do, to not get a bleed through for this cake. The last cake was for my family so that was OK; now this cake is a gift for a friend and I do not want to get any bleed through.

I thought about putting a little bit of the same color icing under each animal but if you work with edible images you know it will dissolve right in your hand if you handle it too long. So I am afraid to try this technique. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bettye

3 replies
ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 4

Can you put white icing under where you're entire edible image will be. Cut your edible image to the size you want it (before removing the backing), trace the same size on a piece of paper/cardboard, place on cake where edible image will go, outline with toothpick markings and fill in with white icing. I haven't personally tried this, but might work.

Bettye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettye Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

That's does sound workable and a better solution that what I was thinking of.

Thanks

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 4

If you're putting the edible image on a cake that is frosted in white buttercream, you don't need to worry about the image bleeding or the white dulling the color in your image. If you plan to use the image on colored icing (including brown/chocolate) you can frost just under the image with white buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%