Need A Cake Recipe

Baking By PTBUGZY1 Updated 6 Apr 2007 , 1:39am by keonicakes

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a topsy turvy cake for a birthday and would like a good cake recipe, something delicious, not to soft so that will hold up.
any ideas.

thanks

Bugz icon_smile.gif

8 replies
karmicflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karmicflower Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 9

Hi there, you could use a pound cake recipe, or use a cake mix and add a pudding mix and an extra egg, which will make it denser. I use the WASC recipe and it works great for me

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-2238-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

You can also do this variation in chocolate, just use 3 whole eggs and add two tbsp of hersheys chocolate syrup.

HTH,

Jenn

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 9

i have one i have to make in june for my cousin's birthday. would sarah's red velvet recipe work? she loves red velvet and wants a topsy turvy cake.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 9

Triplets? Oh dear God! How did you keep your sanity? 3 x the love I know but oh my Gosh!!!!! icon_lol.gif

jescapades Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonicakes

Triplets? Oh dear God! How did you keep your sanity? 3 x the love I know but oh my Gosh!!!!! icon_lol.gif

??

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 9

thanks Jenn I'll try the recipe this weekend.

thanks again

Bugz

keonicakes Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 9

I read your sons names wrong. Sorry, I was seeing things last night I was so tired. icon_surprised.gif

jescapades Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 9

oh! lol. no, i only have twins. god help m ne if i had triplets. i'd be in a rubber room for sure! icon_lol.gif

keonicakes Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 1:39am
post #9 of 9

you still have your hands full with 2. I also have 2 and either me or them need a padded room or serious pharmasuticals. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%