Bunny From 3D Bear?

Decorating By laura_d_v Updated 6 Apr 2007 , 4:51pm by amecakes

laura_d_v Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura_d_v Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 12:06am
post #1 of 6

I have the Wilton 3D mini stand up bear pan. I was wanting to use it to make a bunny that would sit atop my easter cake. Any ideas on exactly how to go about transforming it? Just add ears?
TIA

Laura

5 replies
jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 6:02am
post #2 of 6

sure..you can add ears using rice krispie treats...have him holding a giant carrot in the front..something like that maybe?

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 6

I am planning to attempt the same thing. I have seen people turn the bear into elephants, monkeys and other animals so why not a bunny. I was thinking of making fondant ears but I like the rice krispies idea too. Good luck and be sure to share, btw I have made a fondant bunny just in case I don't do well with the bear lol.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 6

Sure, you can! I used the big bear pan to make a pig. It turned out pretty weird though. But, that was because it was one of my first fondant projects.

Have fun with it.

Happy Easter!

laura_d_v Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura_d_v Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for ideas. I love the thought about the bunny holding a carrot. Then at least people will know what it is SUPPOSED to be. icon_wink.gif

Thanks again.

Laura

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 6

You could make cookie ears...Wilton yearbooks show that alot...don't know how well they'd hold up...never done myself...but just thought I'd throw that out there! Happy baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%