Finding A Gumpaste Flower Making Class...??help Please

Decorating By sahaya_anitha Updated 19 Sep 2004 , 10:39pm by Ladycake

sahaya_anitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sahaya_anitha Posted 19 Sep 2004 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum.

I've been baking and decorating cakes for a while. I'm very much interested to learn the techniques of flower making using gumpaste. I'm looking for classes in my area, but couldn't find one.

I live in the Pheonix, Arizona area. Is anybody aware of some place where they teach making gum paste flowers.

Any information on this topic would be very much helpful,
Thankyou all

Sahaya
[email protected]

2 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 19 Sep 2004 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 3

I don't live anywhere near Phoenix. However, I know that there are at least 3 members on ladycakes site that live right in phoenix and I'm pretty sure all three work with gumpaste. You may want to try there. Maybe you can talk them into a little unofficial DOS. I'd also be willing to guess at least one knows of a good teacher in the area.

It's a paid site, but you get a few days free, I think.... Vickie you correct me on this..... anyway, I think you get a few days free to see if you like it. Between the two boards, you'll everything there is to know..... icon_wink.gif

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 19 Sep 2004 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

It's a paid site, but you get a few days free, I think.... Vickie you correct me on this..... anyway, I think you get a few days free to see if you like it. Between the two boards, you'll everything there is to know..... icon_wink.gif

Yes you will get a 30 day trial period when you register as New user when doing this you will be able to see the whole site after your 30 days if you choose not to become a paid member you will still be able to see lots of stuff on the site you will just not be able to see anything that says MEMBERS in it...

As Dawn has said you may want to ask if anyone in your area is doing a DOS (Day(s) of Sharing ... We just learned in our DOS last week how to do gum paste roses... Were in the works for planing our 2005 DOS so many you will be able to join us next year also..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%