Any Suggestions??

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 22 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm by Lisa

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 2:54am
post #1 of 10

hello! well, i have my michaels coupons just sitting here and i cant think of what to buy!! Any suggestions? I collected 3 and with one coupon I bought the writer thing that you make the imprint with and then trace the writing. Im not sure what else to get. What is something that is really beneficial??

thanks!!

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:13am
post #2 of 10

If you don't have them already, the Wilton letter cutters are really nice. You can use them to cut letters out of fondant or candy clay and then put them on the cake. It's a lifesaver for me...I don't have pretty cake penmanship. If you want to see what they'd look like, I used them on the carebear cake in my photos. Happy shopping!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:19am
post #3 of 10

i would use one fro something youwant that is abit expensive. maybe a new set of pans or something like that. I dont know i know i am going to be getting some new pans in a few weeks.

momof3jotynjake Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:35am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

If you don't have them already, the Wilton letter cutters are really nice. You can use them to cut letters out of fondant or candy clay and then put them on the cake. It's a lifesaver for me...I don't have pretty cake penmanship. If you want to see what they'd look like, I used them on the carebear cake in my photos. Happy shopping!

that is such a pretty cake!! i love the letters!! did you make fondant just for the letters? and have tons left over??

how did you do the carebear? it looks soo nice!
thanks for the idea

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:41am
post #5 of 10

I hate to have those coupons go to waste but I don't want to spend money on things I don't need either. When I do not know what to get or do not need something in particular I usually buy a box of disposable decorating bags or meringue powder. Those are things I know I will use eventually.

cp

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 10

Buy some extra things, like extra spatulas, extra flower nails, maybe a new cake stand...... some more common use pans, like the rounds and squares...or I know get another cooling rack....I know I need another large cooling rack..ummmmmm...oh some extra couplers and coupler rings...

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 10

I was just thinking of a cooling rack too, Mouse, I have only one large one and it just isn't enough!
I wish they had those spackle spreaders everyone is talking about for icing, I'd like one of those, but we have to go elsewhere for that! I just bought the 352 tip, and then found I already had one, but I always figure if one is good, two is better! Maybe I'd get their version of lustre dust, I need that too!
Janice

Lisa Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3jotynjake

Quote:

that is such a pretty cake!! i love the letters!! did you make fondant just for the letters? and have tons left over??

thanks for the idea

Thanks! I cut those out of pink candy clay. I bought it ready-made during a 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby. It's a very small amount you get in an assorted colors package. The carebear is an edible image.

I thought of another thing I love. The Wilton large cookie sheet. It's huge, no sides. I use it for placing large layers of cake.

momof3jotynjake Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3jotynjake

Quote:

thanks for the idea

Thanks! I cut those out of pink candy clay. I bought it ready-made during a 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby. It's a very small amount you get in an assorted colors package. The carebear is an edible image.

I thought of another thing I love. The Wilton large cookie sheet. It's huge, no sides. I use it for placing large layers of cake.

sounds great! thanks!!
how do you get the edible images?

Lisa Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 10

I found a poster with sharebear on it and cropped it. Then I printed it using my edible ink printer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%