My First Try At Cookies - Pics Included

Baking By Katskakes Updated 24 Mar 2006 , 6:37pm by Katydidz

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 5

Yesterday i went to a Basic Cookie Decorating class by Toba Garett. I was wonderful. My only down fall was not having enough time for them to dry. My commute home, two hours later the icing went all over. Class was fun and interesting. I loved learning about this and her little tricks. Her cookie recipe was good, as well as the icing on the cookies. We added flavor to each color. I hope i have more time to do this at home. but i'm guessing it's less time consuming than decorating a cake. Is it? Thanks for looking!
Kat
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 5

ohhh i like your cookies!! i have her book, but havent done much with it yet.
great job, and wish i got to take the class with you!!

melody

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 5

so pretty!

As for hoping cookies are generally less time-consuming than decorating cakes...nope!

100 cookies takes me about 2 hours to bake off, about 4 to 5 hours to ice and 2 hours to pack in bags and ribbons. WAY more time than a cake would. icon_cry.gif

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 5

Wow, they turned out really great. I haven't ventured into cookies yet. Hopfully someday. Good job!

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 5

I'm with antonia, I can spend days on a batch of cookies where it would only take me a couple hours to do a cake. I like doing cookies more though because of all the little mini payoffs you get.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%