Help -- Buttercream

Baking By CakesbyDot Updated 25 Mar 2006 , 4:07am by CakesbyDot

CakesbyDot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyDot Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 13

Hi Ladis -- I've been hooked on CC for awhile now. I have a quick question -- looking to make a double batch of the Wilton Buttercream recipe tonight -- do I need to modify it in any way or can I just double the ingredients??? Many thanks for your thoughts and guidance --

Dottie

12 replies
angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 13

I've doubled the recipe a few times and have not anything special, just doubled the ingredients. Just make sure you don't over mix it, and it should be fine.

Good luck!!!
Angie

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 13

At the very least you can double this. If you had a bigger mixer you could probably triple it.

hrg981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrg981 Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 13

I make double BC all the time and just double the ingredients and it works fine. icon_biggrin.gif

CakesbyDot Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 13

Wow -- thank you so much for your quick response. I have the KitchenAid 4.5 quart -- double will work just fine. THank you all again. I'll be sure to post my cake this weekend.

Dottie

CakesbyDot Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 13

Wow -- thank you so much for your quick response. I have the KitchenAid 4.5 quart -- double will work just fine. THank you all again. I'll be sure to post my cake this weekend.

Dottie

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 13

I don't think I ever make a single recipe....I always double it!

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 13

Now that I have been doing cakes for about 10 years, I look back to that first year and just die laughing thinking about me making one batch of icing at a time. It just shows how much you learn as you talk to other people and after you have been doing it for a while. But it's things like that you don't know until you practice and talk to other people, which is what makes this place so great!

CakesbyDot Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks for your replies -- I totally agree. I'm still pretty new but I've learned so much just by reading posts in the forums and cruising through the galleries. No more single batches of icing for me either!!!!

Thanks again!
dot

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 8:31pm
post #10 of 13

Dot, just wait, pretty soon you'll outgrow the little 2 and 5 lb bags of confectioners sugar! I started buying the 50 lb bag recently! Watch out, it can get out of conrol! icon_smile.gif

CakesbyDot Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 8:54pm
post #11 of 13

Holy Cow -- where do you find the 50 lb bags??? I'm buying the 4lbers from BJ's now... and I think that's ALOT !!! icon_smile.gif

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 1:41am
post #12 of 13

I buy them at a wholesale restaurant food place. They are about $25.

CakesbyDot Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 4:07am
post #13 of 13

That's good to know that you can get it in the "industrial" size. I doubled the BC recipe tonight and it was a breeze. Thank you all for your help. Attached is my picture from tonight's Course III final cake over in the photo gallery. I got the inspiration for it on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%