How Do You Get Bc Roses To Mound On Top Of Cake?

Decorating By projectqueen Updated 25 Mar 2006 , 3:07am by CakemanOH

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 10

Do you make a mountain of bc and then pile the roses on top of that?

Still working on my roses, but they are pretty flat. I wanted to do a grouping of them in the center of the top cake as a topper.

Do they just sit on top of each other or do you pile them on top of something?

9 replies
babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 10

Take the end off of your icing bag and do a squigle. of icing then attach flowers and leaves. icon_biggrin.gif

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 10

Yes, you need to put a mound of icing on the cake and mound the roses on it

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 10

You can do a little round of cake too. depending how high you want them.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 10:11am
post #5 of 10

I was going to suggest what already has been mentioned. Depending on how many your using, you'll want a good "mound".

hrg981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrg981 Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 10

I have put a mound of icing in center of cake and also i have made a little cake and stacked the roses and I prefer a mound of BC.

jruzicka24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jruzicka24 Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 2:23am
post #7 of 10

If you like you could also buy styrofoam balls from the craft store and cut them in half then you have two balls attach it with BC then cover in BC. You don't have to smooth it down I jsut you a star tip and zig zag it on. Then put you flowers on as you would like. This way you have a nice even round ball. icon_biggrin.gif

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 2:34am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectqueen

Still working on my roses, but they are pretty flat. I wanted to do a grouping of them in the center of the top cake as a topper.

I guess most of us use these same tricks for mounds! I use a mound of icing as well for smaller mounds and the styrofoam balls cut in half for large mounds. I usually attach a round of wax paper to the cut end of the ball before setting it on the cake. I also use toothpicks to stick in the ball and then into the cake. If you want to look up "wedding cake blues" in the round wedding cake section, I used the balls for the mounds on that cake. I believe I used a 4" styrofoam ball half for all three layers but cut them lower on the first and second layer but higher on the top layer. Works great!

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 2:35am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectqueen

I guess most of us use these same tricks for mounds! I use a mound of icing as well for smaller mounds and the styrofoam balls cut in half for large mounds. I usually attach a round of wax paper to the cut end of the ball before setting it on the cake. I also use toothpicks to stick in the ball and then into the cake. If you want to look up "wedding cake blues" in the round wedding cake section, I used the balls for the mounds on that cake. I believe I used a 4" styrofoam ball half for all three layers but cut them lower on the first and second layer but higher on the top layer. Works great!

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 3:07am
post #10 of 10

I add some extra baking powder to the cake mix and bake the cake at a higher temp of 350 degrees. this faster cooking with the baking powder creates a crown on the cake. I then use that for my mound so there is more cake and less icing. Too much icing is not a good thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%