Need Ideas For Table Decor

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 3:01pm by veejaytx

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 16

OK gang!

I need some ideas. I have a few in mind but not sure how pretty it will look. I'm preparing for my first wedding cake on Sunday. The wedding cake will be 3 tiers on the tall tier cake stand. There will be gold and silver edible pearls placed randomly on spirals. The border will have the gold and silver pearls as well. The top will contain white icing roses wi/ inedbile gold and silver leaves.

I was thinking of placing silk white rose garland around the base of the cake plate so you won't see the legs of the stand. Then maybe place some silk white rose petals on the table around the cake. Or should I use some garland with a little silver or gold in it? What do you think? I'm trying to get a mental picture of how it would look but to me it seems like it would look a little plain.

Need some more ideas.

15 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 16

Tulle tulle tulle..... and the placement of flowers , whether it be the silk roses you mentioned on ones in wedding color will be awesome... perhaps some fake pearls draped here and there on the table to bring out the pearls on the cake??...? I always see tulle and that alone makes it so pretty!!

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 16

You have white, gold and silver. How about another colour ?
The garland sounds nice. I just miss another colour.
Maybe like a grean. Like leaves or something.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 16

How would I place the tulle on the table? I never used tulle before.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:24pm
post #5 of 16

..a strand of mini lights on the table would be pretty too!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 16

I would go with the white rose petals.....I think simplicity when it comes to the table scapes because you want the focus on the cake. How big is the table.....my mind just went wandering and I thought if you had some silver lame' (sp?) fabric, you could make a scarf on the table and then place the cake in the center of that surrounded by the white rose petals....too bad my oldest daughter isn't here reading this, she is brillant at decorating tables and could probably give alot better advice. I do the cakes and she does all the coordinating decorations.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 16

...votive candles?! I think either the lights or the candles would really make the gold and silver sparkle!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 16

I forgot to mention that the bride wants to keep it simple because her cake is simple. Not too elegant or over the top.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:34pm
post #9 of 16

I like your ideas. If you want it to look a little fancier you can put an exta table cloth on the top and bunch it up to create folds of fabric on the table and then do everything else you planned. i've also seen this done with tulle with white christmas lights under it.

flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:35pm
post #10 of 16

tulle is simple but elegant... you buy a few yards and drape it and then you would bunch it up is places..... I will see if I can find a picture.... until then there is always the possibility of using a tablecloth the color of the cake...go look at our wedding cake heres the link

http://weddingday14.tripod.com/timkandi/index.album?i=8

I put the table cloth up there because Publix just sat the cake down and the club put it on the table it was very bland... so I stripped a table and thats what I did...

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:49pm
post #11 of 16

Ok. I see what you did and now I have an idea. I need to go to Michael's to do some serious searching.

If anyone has anymore pictures of table decor please share.

Thanks to all who provided some help. I will definitely make a list of everyone's ideas and see which one works best.

flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:43pm
post #12 of 16

Good luck.... you asked for ideas I guess we did our job!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 16

Yes you did and I appreciate it all the ideas. I think I'm going to go with your first idea about tulle. I was thinking white tulle with silk petals on the tulle. That way the cake would look like it was floating on clouds. What do you think?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #14 of 16

The tulle always adds a lot, is very light and airy, and it comes in all kinds of colors. You could do a drape, kindof scalloped just around the edges of the table that would add some fullness but still keep it all simple! Janice

flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #15 of 16

sounds superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:01pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks Flavy. There was a reception held at the Senior Center where I go, (they rent out the room) and the room was absolutely transformed from a very large, plain place with lots of windows, into a fairyland just with tulle and ribbon and a few flowers. It was really lovely! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%