Princess B-Day Help

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 3 Apr 2007 , 2:55pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 20

Hi everyone!

Well my DD will be turning 5 in 2 weeks, she has requested a princess party... oh where do I begin...
As we just moved into a slightly bigger home last year, I'm hoping to have her party at the house.
If anyone has had one of the parties before any ideas for games, food & even a cake idea would be great, I really wanted to do a doll cake like cinderella her favorite, however I've never did a doll cake before and I also want to do the castle cake as well as I really love the look of them....
Can't decide icon_confused.gif

Help please thumbs_up.gif

19 replies
scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 20

just a cake idea if you want to do both... castle cake with a mini wonder mold princess next to the castle and that could be her own personal cake.

Have fun!

jovigirl Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 20

I never thought of that... That's probably a good idea as I put on the invites they could come dressed up as princesses if they wanted too.... I could do a few different princesses. Thanks for the idea thumbs_up.gif

Anyone have any ideas for games that I could get them to play? Most of the kids (girls & boys) will be 5. Oh boy I'm in for a busy day aren't I icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:01am
post #5 of 20

Sorry forgot to add when you click on an item theres a link for Canadian Orders.

HoosierMomOf5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoosierMomOf5 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #6 of 20

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/princess.html

I love to get ideas from that website for the kids' parties! icon_biggrin.gif

jovigirl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:04am
post #7 of 20

Thanks for the link, but I'm just looking for food ideas & games ideas.
Just not too sure what to serve oo do as there are soo many parties around this time, so I was hoping to do something fun icon_rolleyes.gif

jovigirl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:06am
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierMomOf5

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/princess.html

I love to get ideas from that website for the kids' parties! icon_biggrin.gif

This link is awesome!! Thank you thumbs_up.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 4:12am
post #9 of 20

I was watching Martha the other day and she did a Fancy Nancy kids party and they made no sew pocketbooks for the kids. It maybe a fun idea for the kids to make.

Melody25 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 1:44pm
post #10 of 20

One of the reasons I posted that link for you is they have games and crafts you can do with the kids. They have an inflatable pink castle you use to play a ring toss gaqme. Theres a castle background sheet you can use for pictures of the girls as "Princess's", plus all sorts of treats, and toys. Theres even a pinata.

jovigirl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody25

One of the reasons I posted that link for you is they have games and crafts you can do with the kids. They have an inflatable pink castle you use to play a ring toss gaqme. Theres a castle background sheet you can use for pictures of the girls as "Princess's", plus all sorts of treats, and toys. Theres even a pinata.

Thank you for your help thumbs_up.gif

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:46pm
post #12 of 20

We had a princess party for my oldest daughter when she turned 5. Because the kids were all 5 and some were a little picky, I stuck with regular food and gave them "princessy" names. I made mini pigs in a blanket, fresh fruit and I'm not sure what else, almost 3 years ago icon_sad.gif

It was such a FUN birthday party. I bought a plastic table cloth and covered the table in that but I had also been to Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of that sequin looking fabric in a bright blue and I put that on top of the plastic so it looked really sparkly. I also bought different colored tulle and I tied bows on all of the chairs so all of the girls felt special. I bought gold paper plates and gold plastic silverware, too. I bought fake plastic gems and I glued those onto the silverware and then sprinkled the rest on the table as decoration. All of the girls drank out of plastic wine glasses so they felt like princesses.

On the invites the wording was something like "Calling all princesses to Maddie's castle on blah blah blah. Wear your favorite princess attire". One of the gifts the girls got was a tiara that had sparkling lights. We had an absolute blast - or I did anyway!!

I want a princess party now!!

Good luck!!

Joolz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joolz Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:49pm
post #13 of 20

As soon as my computer cooperates I will load a Princess cake I did this weekend. I got lip gloss disney princess rings form Big Lots for $3 and stuck them down in the icing and then did the flowers to match the color dress the princess normally wears. It was really cute. It was for my 22nd year old sister in law and she loved it.

Joolz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joolz Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #14 of 20

Ok finally I got them loaded here is the link to the top view if you want to see the side view just go to my folder. Good luck with your party!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=Joolz&cat=0&pos=1

jovigirl Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 1:57pm
post #15 of 20

Thankyou soo much for sharing your personal experiences. They are all great!
I haven't really had alot of time to go out shopping to see what's out there as I have 2 small kids & I watch a few other ones until late in the day, but I think I can manage in the next couple of days to go out, I hope!
I'm still undecided about the cake, I still want to do the doll cake & the castle cake, but that'a a lot of work & cake for 11 kids icon_rolleyes.gif I keep saying I will do the castle as it goes better with the theme, but I end up looking for doll ideas icon_confused.gif I hope I figure it out soon icon_rolleyes.gif

bizemomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizemomma Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:13pm
post #16 of 20

I made a castle cake just last weekend. I used 10in and 8in square pans and then made the turrents out of icecream cones. All was covered in MMF. You can take a look at my photos if it will help. Also several year ago my daughter had a princess party, for a craft I let them decorate their own crowns. Boys and girls had fun with it. Good luck.

jovigirl Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:18pm
post #17 of 20

Beautiful cake!

I also thought of them decorating a crown or tiara, but then I thought most of them would be wearing one to the party as part of their costume.. Should I do it anyway?

ruralepicure Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:31pm
post #18 of 20

Can a princess ever have TOO many tiaras? Nope icon_smile.gif

ruralepicure Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:48pm
post #19 of 20

If you are still wanting to do a castle cake AND a princess cake you could always use one of the Kelly dolls. I did a cake recently (sorry, no pics right now) where the smash cake was a little princess doll and I just used a small custard sized bowl as the skirt base. The Kelly doll fit perfectly and then there wasn't TOO much cake for them to eat. Good luck and you'll have to take pictures of everything for us!!

jovigirl Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:55pm
post #20 of 20

Thank for your input. I will have them do the crown/tiara craft thumbs_up.gif
I really didn't want to do both as that would be very time consuming & costly as well. I guess I will just have my DD decide as I can't. After all it is her party... I guess icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%