Bahamas Bahamian Flower Cake For Girls 18Th Birthday??

Decorating By smileyface Updated 12 Jan 2015 , 3:34pm by gabriellam388

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a 18th birthday cake for a party Sunday. It's a small cake for about 20 people. All the Mom could think of was maybe a bahamian style cake with flowers. I am at a loss. I looked here and did a google but couldn't find any.

Anyone have any pictures of a cake that might fit this theme so I can show her? I am open to other suggestions, maybe the Mom will go for something else besides the flowers theme.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies
kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure what you already had in mind for this cake but you could try making yellow elder(national flower) or the flowers from their national tree lignum vitae

the lignum vitae flowers look like they could be simple BC drop petals or maybe fondant. not sure about the yellow elder? icon_confused.gif

or make a lei to drape over cake and incorporate other tropical flowers? or make a cupcake cake in a ring so it is already in the shape of a lei

here is a neat site for pictures
http://islands.thebahamian.com/
hope you are able to come up with something great!

KJB

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks KJB. I just emailed her a picture of a yellow elder to see if that is what she was talking about. I was thinking a hibiscus. They look a lot alike but I want to make sure I get the right flower if she does want a Bahamas theme flower cake. I guess I was thinking Hawaii.

I also emailed her and asked if she wanted to do anything with her being legal now, able to vote, or anything along those lines. I think some cake decorators really thrive on having the design all left up to them, I tend to choke, LOL!! I would rather be told exactly what they want but then again that add a lot of pressure if I can't pull it off icon_rolleyes.gif !! Maybe after years of doing this it will get better.

Thanks again!

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 6

I thought hibiscus when I first read your thread, too. Here's a pic I found.
LL

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 6

In addition to the yellow elder flowers, how about adding some seashells and "sand" to make it look like tropical? Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out great! thumbs_up.gif

gabriellam388 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabriellam388 Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

Do you do birthday cakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%