Cute Little Flowers On Cookies........

Baking By golfgirl1227 Updated 23 Mar 2006 , 5:05am by golfgirl1227

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 5:17am
post #1 of 6

So, I've been looking through the gallery at the cookies. I see lots of cookies (mainly wedding cake/wedding dress) with cute little flowers on them. Would you use gumpaste or are they royal icing? And is there a smaller tip to do the drop flowers? Any other suggestions?

TIA,
Suz

5 replies
HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know which ones you mean but Wilton has a cute flower ejector set that has a piece in it for small flowers. It uses gumpaste or fondant. There are a couple different flowers and a bird I think. It is the floral garland ejector set (I think thats the name) and you could look it up on their website www.wilton.com

I don't have it myself but I know someone who has used it and really likes it. You stick the flower right to the cake or cookie with it.

HTH,
Heather

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 6

golfgirl1227 I found these cookies in the gallery and it says that she used tip 225. Also Antonis has some very cute flowers on her wedding cake cookies that say she used gumpaste flowers. I will have to try this on some cookies because I too really like those tiny flowers.
LL

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 6

I use tip 101s to make forget me nots and mini roses. I also use 59 degree (don't know how to add that sign here sorry) to make mini pansies....just make them all smaller and they will work. i also use the wilton ejector set for some if I want to use fondant.

Hope that helps, julia

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you Julia. Now we have several different options to try . . . can't wait!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 5:05am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the tips. The flowers like on those cookies were what I was talking about, and like the ones Antonia74 uses. I actually have that little flower shooter thingy (hehe, that's what I called it by mistake one time, so it's what I continue to refer to it as). I will definitely try that.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%