We Are A Great Group Here.

Lounge By keonicakes Updated 3 Apr 2007 , 3:37am by Heath

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 24

I had to share this with all of you. The other day I was checking out some other sites and came across one that was so disgusting that I didn't bother to check it out for more than a couple of minutes. Ok, just want you to know that I was slightly repramanded for my use of the 3 letter word for butt a couple of weeks ago, although it was in a joking manner and I was referring to how some of my cakes look. The moderators were I have to say absolutely right for correcting me as we do have young and older people as well as the fact that we should just use better language. I love this site because it is classy and informative. We have a pretty high level of decorum and integrity. Well, this site I was on was for bakers and it was I thought going to be similar to this one with their forums and info., etc. I couldn't have been more wrong!!!!!!! It was more like a competition for who could use the worst language and what I did see was bashing of some of our decorators and this site. I was quite frankly appalled and disgusted. Don't bother asking me which site it was because I don't want to start a war. I've sort of gone off my focus here. I just wanted you all to know that I for one am so happy to be a part of such a group that can have fun and still have class.

23 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 24

I ditto that!!! CC is a great site!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 24

I AGREE! icon_biggrin.gif It is really great to know that a fun group like this can have such a great support system! I know that there are all different kinds of clubs and they end up dissipating because of something so silly. I am glad we are not one of those!

And yes, because of all of you...I too have become ADDICTED to this site. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES POSITIVELY! thumbs_up.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 24

Very nice post and I agree. I have never understood why any cake site would need to use vulgarity in every line of a post. It has nothing to do with cake decorating, and not what I come to a cake forum to participate in.

It seems the last conflicts here have been resolved by people who were creating problems leaving or being asked to leave. It we can just keep it to the friendly forum we have had for the past few weeks it can be an excellent board.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 1:47am
post #5 of 24

oh! come on! tell us the site! Or at least pm it to me! I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:16am
post #6 of 24

Wow that is so sad icon_sad.gif I have never even looked for another cake site since I found CC. I have seen the Wilton one but it was very hard to use IMO. Why would they sit at their board and bash people from here? How odd, must have way too much time on their hands lol. I LOVE it here thumbs_up.gif

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:31am
post #7 of 24

It's great to have a site that is friendly and nice words spoken.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:33am
post #8 of 24

I've only been decorating cakes since last April and with the help, advice and useful information that I've found here, I think I will continue to enjoy cake decorating and learning from wonderful people! thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:34am
post #9 of 24

/Sigh- yes there is a site that seems to be enjoying their time bashing CC. In fact, I thought one of them was a nice person when I met her in person at some DOS's with in the last year, and now this particular person has decided to cut me down behind my back. And they have tried to stir up trouble here on CC- it just goes to show what kind of people they truly are.
If you go to that site though you will notice that it's numbers are now where near the numbers that we have. It goes to show that positive people rule!
The moderators and site admins will continue to keep this place running positive and staying safe. thumbs_up.gif

rlsaxe Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:39am
post #10 of 24

WHAT SITE IS IT?????????????

I SOOOOOOOO want to know!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:56am
post #11 of 24

Thanks for saying that. I have been a member for a while, but was just looking. I have started to read the forum and I really enjoy them. My DH comes into our office and says "oh! on that site again" So yes I am addicted! Sometimes a 5 or 3 yr old is sitting with me checking out cakes! Then they want it.
I appreciate how we are able to help each other out and be able to vent here and there.
I feel it so important that it's is a positive way. Even when there is a little "devil's advocate" advice being used... sometimes it is needed.

I really enjoy this site and even the DH and my 2 little boys thinks the cakes everyone makes are great.

Like all of you I do not agree that people should be putting other people down or using "fowl" language!

So thank you all of you for keeping it clean and to the moderators for keeping us in check.

You have all been a great inspiration.

Merci Beaucoup! Thank you!

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:50am
post #12 of 24

I have to agree. Since I found this site I have had no desire to go anywhere else. Having been a member of a mommy's board for four years now I KNOW how nasty people can get over the silliest things. I love coming here and knowing that the nastiest people HERE are tame in comparison to what I've seen. They do a good job of keeping everyone in check, and everyone here is soo nice and helpful!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsaxe

WHAT SITE IS IT?????????????

I SOOOOOOOO want to know!

Lets not bring it anymore attention than necessary. Lets try to just focus on what is great about CC. Calling out the other site will just instigate people coming over here to cause trouble.

rlsaxe Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 6:34pm
post #14 of 24

I'm humored by the idea that there is the other site out there talking trash (so to speak) about this site.
It's like the ONLINE version of West Side Story!

Very funny. (yet incredibly silly)

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 4:11pm
post #15 of 24

Yep, CC is the best of the best....fantastic members, admins. and mods!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 5:49pm
post #16 of 24

Sorry to be a bumber. Why can't each site keep to themselves and not judge the other.

We like what we like and shouldn't judge what we don't. We stay here and they stay there and not talk about one another.

icon_smile.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:02pm
post #17 of 24

Who cares what other sites say about us. I for one KNOW this is a great site and has wonderful people. That is why I'm here and will stay here. I have enough stress in my life that I don't need to go to a forum that upsets me.

I think it is very childish to put down another forum and if they want to do that about us then they must have a very sad and dull life.

To me, cakes are all about FUN! I don't want to make it about anything else!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:09pm
post #18 of 24

I have to agree. This site has been nothing but helpful and friendly for me.
I cannot believe that other people would choose to freely bash some of the decorators from here. The few times that i have seen rude-ness ect has disgusted me. But I have always considered it an exception to the norm.

Cheers guys and gals. Thanks for everything

rlsaxe Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:20pm
post #19 of 24

I agree with Janette. To each his own. Although....it is kind of weird that there are these battles between the cake sites.
Can we get back to the cakes now?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 6:32pm
post #20 of 24

I love this site...you all have saved my cakes..lol..many times. Love it that it is clean and I don't have to worry about my children getting on when I am not around...Thanks mods for taking care of the things that are not good...

icon_smile.gif Cheers to you all!

Christi

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 8:17pm
post #21 of 24

That's weird that people on another site would even care about this site. They're probably jealous that their site doesn't get as many participants as this one because this one is so well-run.

I'd like to know what this site is but I understand not giving it the attention.

rlsaxe Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 10:11pm
post #22 of 24

you know.....since we're talking about the integrity of this site.....I couldn't help but notice that Duff Goldman from Charm City Cakes directs the visitors to his shop's website to Cake Central and even makes a comment about the helpful people here. I don't notice him doing that to other cake forums.
That alone speaks for itself.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsaxe

you know.....since we're talking about the integrity of this site.....I couldn't help but notice that Duff Goldman from Charm City Cakes directs the visitors to his shop's website to Cake Central and even makes a comment about the helpful people here. I don't notice him doing that to other cake forums.
That alone speaks for itself.

Umm.....kinda blew that right outta all proportion, didn't we LOL
All it says is that the web forums sugarbuzz.us AND cakecentral.com are wonderful resources. It doesn't say anything about "the helpful people here" or otherwise puff up the rep of any one site. And in this instance I'm wondering if the compliment is in the fact that other forum(s) AREN'T mentioned.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #24 of 24

I deleted all the posts in this thread involved in questioning the intentions of a specific poster in the thread.

If someone has a concern about the intentions of a member on CC, I would prefer that the concern be brought to Jackie or I via PM rather than having accusations made publicly around the forum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%