How Long Does It Stay Good

Decorating By jaklotz1 Updated 31 Mar 2007 , 1:57pm by Derby

jaklotz1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaklotz1 Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 6:27am
post #1 of 3

I am traveling over the Easter week to go visit my family. Our last day there will be Easter Sunday (April 8th). While we are there a friend of my sisters wants me to do a cake for her daughters birthday the following week (April 14th). So, how far in advance can you make a cake? Would it help to freeze it or put it in the fridge after it is decorated? I am not sure doing a cake a week in advance is possible, so I told her I would do some research. Thanks for your help.

Nat

2 replies
BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 3

If you made a cake iced with buttercream only, I think you could freeze the cake successfully.

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 3

I've made cakes frosted in all buttercream and I froze them quite successfully. They were VERY moist and the frosting was delicious! Just make sure that you freeze it uncovered first and once the frosting is frozen, cover it or the box it's in completely with plastic wrap to keep as much air away from it as possible.

Also, make sure that they know to defrost it in the fridge before bringing it to room temp. This will help to prevent sweating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%