Baby Shower - Fairy Cake Ideas/photos?

Decorating By candygirl Updated 20 Mar 2006 , 9:54pm by candygirl

candygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candygirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 14

Baby shower - She wants a cake with a fairy delivering the baby a la "the stork". I would like to avoid fondant if possible. Anyone have any ideas or photos? I've tried the search function, but I must be slow b/c I haven't found any pics. Thanks - ya'll are the best!

13 replies
gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 14

Here's a link with some pictures of fairies from the gallery. I've never done one so I'm no help with how to do it, sorry!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=Fairy

Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gif

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 14

If I can't use fondant, I find it easier to place a toy on top. Maybe you could find a fairy at a dollar store. Here are some pics I found.
LL
LL
LL

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 14

I saw miniature fairies in the Disney Store yesterday- There's a new Tinkerbelle story out, I wouldn't doubt that it will soon be a movie. Maybe you could do a garden themed cake with the fairies tending to a baby growing amongst the flowers. I think that would be really cute!!!

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 14

those fairies are a new movie coming out with tinkerbell... i used them on one of my cakes in my galleries. i loved them so much i had to go get some more in case i ever do that cake again since it was a hit then i am keeping one set for myself since i collect tinkerbell stuff.

candygirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 14

Once again, ya'll have saved me! I love the idea of the garden with a baby growing in it! I'm headed to the Disney store right now!

Thank you soooooo much for the help!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 14

You're very welcome! Please, please, please post a picture when you're done!

Chefdot, do you know when the movie will be out? My 10 yr old daughter has collected Tink stuff since she was 2, too. She read the book in 2 days after getting it for Christmas.

candygirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:45pm
post #8 of 14

I will do that - the cake isn't until April 9, so fortunately I have lots of time to think/worry about it! HeeHee

Gailsgoodies - okay, this sounds really dumb, but I went to the galleries and typed in "fairies" and got nothing. Did you do something different? Again, I'm kind of new at this but I didn't think it was THAT hard to find photos!

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:50pm
post #9 of 14

try just "fairy"

candygirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:56pm
post #10 of 14

yep - that worked. D'UH! I feel so dumb sometimes!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 8:58pm
post #11 of 14

I have a fairy in my pics. I am not sure if that helps but feel free to take a look see>..

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:21pm
post #12 of 14

I have a fairy baby shower cake too, in my pic's - but it's fondant... just FYI if you need ideas.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:28pm
post #13 of 14

icon_smile.gif Hey CakebyAllison...
I like your cakes...they are very nicely done. Beautiful..looks very
"clean", not sloppy, nice colors and well constructed. nice. I love it when I see cakes of such quality. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

candygirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 9:54pm
post #14 of 14

You girls are SO amazing! I am jealous.

Cakesbyallison - your Fairy Baby Cake is exactly what I was looking for! That gives me all the inspiration I need. How do you think of all these neat ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%