Help With Painting On Cakes

Decorating By mcrgrl040 Updated 18 Mar 2006 , 3:32am by mcrgrl040

mcrgrl040 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcrgrl040 Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 8

i am going to be doing a cake for my sisters birthday. and she is in love with Louis vuitton so i am making her a chocolate tierd fondant cake. i wanted to paint LV's all over the cake i am going to be doing a cake inspired from that brown w/ gold letters any ideas thanks

7 replies
izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 8

You can just use food coloring thinned with a little water, or edible markers

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 8

Are you wanting to do the LV monogram in gold? In that case you can use gold lustre dust mixed with a clear alcohol to make the paint. Also to make it easier for you, you may want to make stencils of the L and V so you dont have to free hand them all. I would do the two letters seperately and just stencil the other letter over the one that has dried.

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 8

Either an airbrush with a stencil or if not definetly freehand with the stencil art/craft stores have that very thin flexible stencil plastic. Goodluck

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks this helps me to. I was also wondering how you go about painting colors on cakes!! icon_biggrin.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 8

The crayola markers work great - non-toxic and fine. Sometimes you can find the metallic ones. When we did our Louie purse I hand drew each one on and I was crazy after 3 hours - couldn't get a stencil to work right so I just dove in freehand. Good Luck!!!!

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 8

Really? Crayola Markers are ok? No weird taste? Ohhhhhh....so many doors have opened up if this is true. Please let it be true!!

mcrgrl040 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcrgrl040 Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 3:32am
post #8 of 8

thank you all so much it has really helped me out a lot. i was really thinking of doing the stencils. do they work? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%