It's Been One Of Those Cake Weeks....

Decorating By jen1977 Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 1:55am by KitchenKat

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 3

It seems everything I've touched has been a disaster this week! I made a cake last night for a funeral today, and dh almost dropped it delivering it, and messed up the icing on the side. He said he fixed it, and it "doesn't look like it did last night, but doesn't look like it was almost dropped either". What the heck does that mean? It looked like crap before it was almost dropped! I molded a gumpast slot machine this week for a cake this weekend, and just dropped it as I was putting the pixie dust on it. Stupid thing cracked just about in half, and I can't fix it icon_cry.gif I hurried and covered a cardboard slot machine that I taped together with gumpaste, and painted the pixie dust on the sides and front before I painted on any details or attached the handle to the side, now I have to remake it icon_cry.gif I was moving a fondant covered 10 inch double layer cake this morning and somehow knocked abottle of Aquasafe (use it in fish tanks), cracked the lid off when it hit the corner of the fridge I guess, and spilled ALL over me and the cake, so I'm rebaking it now! Maybe these are just signs that I need to hang up the decorating towel! I have to paint faces on my gumpaste figures, and I'm scared to death to touch them for fear of what may happen...especially after the two days I'e had!

2 replies
sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 3

You poor thing! It's not a sign that you need to hang up your decorating tools. It's a sign that your DH needs to take you out for a night on the town and relax! icon_lol.gif Just take deep breaths and tell yourself it will be alright.

Hugs,
Beth

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 1:55am
post #3 of 3

Oh Boy! It sure is tough when Murphy's Law is out to get you. I agree with Beth. Time to take care of yourself first. Have a relaxing time away from cakes and when you come back to them, things will be better.

Another trick that works for me is when things keep turning out baaad, I tackle a smaller scale project that I KNOW will be a success. I savor that triumph and that gives me the confidence to take on the bigger ones.

Sending you good luck vibes*^*^*^*

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%