How Do I Transport A Barbie Cake??

Decorating By dali120 Updated 29 Mar 2007 , 8:02pm by LaSombra

dali120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dali120 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 7

I have a birthday party to take this barbie cake to but I have no idea how to get it there!! I can't put it in a box because it's too tall. I've been trying to come up with something but haven't gotten anywhere. I have to do this on Saturday. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you!!!

6 replies
LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

*bump*

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 7

I made one with the wonder mold pan (I assume that is what you are using) and ended up purchasing a clear square rubbermaid-type container at walmart that it fit in. I think mine is 12x12 or somthing close to that. It is also high enough that I can put the cover on it to transport.

~Chelle

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 7

What I do - since I always like to have mine in a box - is put it in the 12X12 box and tape the lid up at an angle so it does not fall on your cake and use plastic wrap around the box and lid. Then you can cut the plastic wrap off and take the box apart to slide the cake out.

icing_fever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icing_fever Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 7

It's funny that I came across this. I made a barbie cake last weekend, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to where it had to go. So I called up m y boyfriend to come over so he could drive and I could hold the cake (uncovered).

Sure sounds simple right.... well he owns a jeep that has been raised 4 inches and has tires on it that come up to my elbow. Every turn and bump (which feel like mountains because of his shocks) had me praying.... Thank hevens it made it there in one piece, but I think my blood pressure went through the roof and I know have several new grey hairs icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

I made one with the wonder mold pan (I assume that is what you are using) and ended up purchasing a clear square rubbermaid-type container at walmart that it fit in. I think mine is 12x12 or somthing close to that. It is also high enough that I can put the cover on it to transport.

~Chelle

For odd size cakes this is what I do. I have a few different size of rubbermaid type containers. If the customer picks it up make sure you get a deposit to cover the cost in case it isn't returned

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecre8tor

What I do - since I always like to have mine in a box - is put it in the 12X12 box and tape the lid up at an angle so it does not fall on your cake and use plastic wrap around the box and lid. Then you can cut the plastic wrap off and take the box apart to slide the cake out.

How tall are the Barbie cakes? I haven't done one yet but am curious as to how big the final product ends up being...I guess the same height as a Barbie doll? How big is that? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%