Okay, Need Suggestions

Decorating By LanaC Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 5:35am by LeeAnn

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:21am
post #1 of 5

I'm using the petite loaf pans to make little soccer fields for an end of season party. Naturally (ugh), I overfilled them and they have have domed tops and puff over the sides like a muffin would. I'm putting them on individual cake boards so that there are no serving issues. They are chocolate and will have choc / choc chip filling and iced on sides and top with white bc. I'm putting green bc grass along the bottom edge near the cake board and plan to cover the tops in fondant decorated like a field with a fondant soccer ball in the center (or if it's like our season, in our net). Anyway, the question is... should I level the tops of these bad boys or leave them domed? I had planned to level them, but they look kinda neat the way they are. It might be weird though having a lopsided soccer field. So.... should I level or not.

4 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:50am
post #2 of 5

Personally I would, just for the reason a soccor field is flat. But if you want a different twist on it and like the rounded look, then do it that way=) The fun thing about cakes is we can design them any way we want! GL with your cake!! Jen

shelly1048 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly1048 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 5:12am
post #3 of 5

I would level. I think it will be much easier and give a nicer appearance especially if you plan to use fondant. Good Luck

youngestdecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngestdecorator Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 5:29am
post #4 of 5

Keeping it round is iffy. I think you should cut them, it would make it a little more clean cut, but that's just me?

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 5:35am
post #5 of 5

Put then back in their tins and cut straight through with a bread knife

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%