What Do Kids Know??

Decorating By cakesonoccasion Updated 29 Mar 2007 , 1:52am by mkolmar

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 23

Just wanted to share some giggles...
I teach 2nd grade, and every morning when the kids come in they are supposed to write on a given topic in their journals. Since we've been working on How-To writing, I made the topic "How to make a cake". Here are some of the funnier responses...

First get out do. (dough). Then roll it good. Fluff it up. Then put the cake in the oven. Then time it. Then wait. Then you open it and put icing on it.

First you get the ingreedeense (ingredients) for the cake. Second you mix it up. Third you smash it together.

1. Go to the store.
2. Go to the cake aisle.
3. You buy it.
4. You bring it home.
5. You eat it.

Get some bread. Cut it like a surcul (circle). Put frosting on it. And put some candles on it.

I buy it at the store but I know they put icing on it and then put it in the oven.

I would first put flour in the oven. Bake on 433 degrees. Take out. Put icing on it. Put chocolate chips on and then you have it.

First you will need a bowl, eggs, milk, a measureing cup, and then flour. First you put 2 cups of flour. Then you put 2 eggs in the bowl. Then you put 1 cup of milk. Then you stir the batter. Then you put cake batter into the filling. Then you put it into the oven for 2 hours. Then you take it out and decorate it.

22 replies
GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 23

Those are awesome. thanks for making me laugh! Gosh, I love kids!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 23

too cute!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 23

Those are too cute! That last child may have a cake future lol.

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 23

Those are the cutest answers ever! I guess the kids that said "go to the store and buy it" don't have parents that cook very often?

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 23

I feel sorry for the little one who has bread for cake. Maybe you could have an art class and some cakes or cupcakes and let them decorate them. I guess since i wouldn't trust a 2nd grader w/ a mixer, bring that too.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 23

icon_lol.gif The last one knows what they're is talking about. Give 'em extra credit. icon_wink.gif

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 23

hahaha awwww

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 23

Out of the mouths of babes!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Too cute, thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:07pm
post #10 of 23

super cute.. i agree on the last one, future cake artist? thanks for sharing, laughs are always good

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:09pm
post #11 of 23

YES THANKS FOR SHARING!!! I LOVE IT!!! HOW ADORABLE IS THAT!!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:15pm
post #12 of 23

That's possibly the cutest thing ever!! I'm with nglez, give the last one extra credit!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:16pm
post #13 of 23

Too cute!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:22pm
post #14 of 23

Fabulous thumbs_up.gif K'ly

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 23

I am always terrified of what my kids will say when asked questions like this...." first, open a bottle of wine....drink a glass...drink another..then cream the butter and sugar........." lol

Someimes I like to drink wine while I bake....so sue me icon_lol.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:34pm
post #16 of 23

lol! my kids would say something like ''chase all the kids out of the kitchen, and move the playpen to block the kitchen door, then yell at the husband to watch the kids, then open beer, then swear because everything isn't where it's supposed to be...''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I am always terrified of what my kids will say when asked questions like this...." first, open a bottle of wine....drink a glass...drink another..then cream the butter and sugar........." lol

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:37pm
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

lol! my kids would say something like ''chase all the kids out of the kitchen, and move the playpen to block the kitchen door, then yell at the husband to watch the kids, then open beer, then swear because everything isn't where it's supposed to be...''

lol ~ I'm so glad I am not the only one! I will never live down the time my friend and I were baking and we had a glass of wine (we were not even drunk or anything) and I wasn't paying attention and turned around and put my elbow into the freshly decorated cake. So now she says "Friends don't let friends drink and bake".....or she calls me the 'Lush-ious Baker'...... icon_razz.gif

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:40pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I always promise my students' parents that I'll only believe half of what their kids say about them, as long as they promise to do the same for me!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:59pm
post #19 of 23

And which half do you choose to believe? icon_twisted.gif

CakeDiva. . .naughty, naughty. icon_lol.gif J/k. Everyone does it. . . shhh.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 10:08pm
post #20 of 23

How cute

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 11:35pm
post #21 of 23

Those are really cute things the kids said!! CakeDiva73, Lushious Baker would be a good name a bakery you know!!!!!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 1:32am
post #22 of 23

Oh boy, you should've posted this a bit earlier, could've used some of those quotes as sayings for the aprons for the cake decorating party I threw. What a riot that would've been. Thanks for posting them, I'll be saving these for future inspiration

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 1:52am
post #23 of 23

That's too cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%