Any One From Northfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Area?

Decorating By babyscake Updated 17 Jul 2006 , 11:46pm by washipaper

babyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyscake Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 9

I am moving to this area soon. I want to see if anyone was intreasted in geting a group together and bake once a week or every other week. I feel this would be a nice hobbie and ways we all can learn from eachother. I enjoy baking so much. I have two childeren and would also like to be able to have them join once in a while decorating cakes. It would be nice to make cakes and share them to those people who care and can apreciate your work. Thank you . Please respond or email me

8 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 12:22am
post #2 of 9

I dont live in Norfolk, but in Langley AFB that is only 20 min from Norfolk.... I am sure you will find people here from that area.... I am sure you will love it.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 12:26am
post #3 of 9

Sorry - I'm in southside VA in Danville, but I'm sure you'll find someone! At least you've got all of us on CC!!!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 12:35am
post #4 of 9

I live on Fort Monroe which is right across the 64 bridge from Norfolk & VA Beach. Unfortunataly we are leaving this summer! I know there are ladies close though!!! This area is so beautiful - though a bit congested at times - so much to do and see. Have you lived her before? At least we can tell you where the best cake supply store is!!! Right in Norfolk on Tidewater drive - you will LOVE it!!

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 10:44am
post #5 of 9

Darn, I'm all the way in Richmond. Welcome to Virginia!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 9

Hi babyscake,

Welcome to the area...alot of congestion and crazy drivers icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Northfolk, thats in Texas, we are Norfolk icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I can't stop laughing...thats so cute.

I'm an hour away but have family over there. I'm over there at least twice a month to take my son to the doctor and shop the cake supply, Thrift, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores.

Like cakecre8tor said, the Wine and Cake supply store on Tidewater Drive South is fantastic...plan on being there for awhile...it's loaded with good stuff icon_wink.gif

We have a few on here in that area.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 9

Bumping so that others from Virginia will see and respond.

babyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyscake Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you everyone! Sorry it took me so long to comment back. I was in the middle of the move and unpacking. Thank you everyone for making me feel better about moving to VA.

washipaper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
washipaper Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 9

I am in Suffolk part of the year (we are a bi-continent family due to husband's job). I use a shop in Virginia Beach near the intersection of Kempsville Road and Indian River Road. There is also a cake decorator's organization in the area that meets once a month. PM me if you are interested in more info.

Welcome to the area.

Joan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%