Truffles-How Long Do They Keep??

Decorating By soccermom17 Updated 29 Mar 2007 , 2:53pm by soccermom17

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

I have a potentially HUGE order coming up. I'm making sample truffles, and the committe will decide which vendor to go with. First of all, I've never made truffles. Can they be made ahead of time? Frozen? Do you just freeze the inside or can you freeze the truffle when it's all done? And how far ahead of time can they be made up?
Thanks in advance.
Michelle

5 replies
formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

I make truffles every Christmas, but they don't last long enough to worry about freezing them! icon_surprised.gif You can freeze the insides until you're ready to dip them. If you dip in melted chocolate, I wouldn't freeze them as the coating will sweat when it's defrosting. If you're going to roll them in cocoa, it might be okay. Let them defrost out of the refrigerator.

You can make and freeze the centers way ahead, as long as they are wrapped very well......first in plastic wrap and then in foil.

soccermom17 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 6

thanks formerbuckeye.
Anyone else have any words of wisdom?

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 6

how do you make truffles? I would imagine they would keep for at least a week.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 1:51am
post #5 of 6

I did a test run on some truffles for a wedding no so long ago...... check your used by date on the cream.....the cream I used had 12 days. Then I made a batch and every day let the family have one each.....human taste testers. By day ten they still tasted the same (really yummy)Thats when they ran out!
I did store them in the fridge on kitchen paper in an airtight container wrapped in foil. before serving I let them come to room temp. When I made these it was really hot...over 30 every day and they held up really well. (even after a three hour car trip to the wedding!!

soccermom17 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 6

thanks torki. nice name. we gave my roommate in college that nickname! Small world!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%