Sweet 16 Cake

Decorating By Dizzymaiden Updated 1 Apr 2007 , 2:55am by fmcmulle

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

That darn show on MTV...My Super Sweet 16! It has all the soon 16 year olds dreaming of unique out of this world cake!

I need HELP coming up with a cool idea.

7 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 8

Does the person you are making it for have any special interests? Or does the party have a particular theme or color scheme?

I'm sure people here on CC would have some great ideas to help you but we might need a little more info...

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 8

here are a couple I found

http://www.pbase.com/camms/image/59714215

http://www.sugarcreations.com/gallery1.htm has some of the best looking cakes I have ever seen

http://www.susiesscrumptioussweets.com/album7.html
this lady did some cakes for mtv sweet16

Go to google, and search there images for sweet 16 cakes.

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 8

I don't know if you'd consider this cool. But I'm doing a Sweet 16 cake that is a package with a bow on top of a sheet cake that is opening with all the curly fondant curls popping out and roses around the base with bees on wires and sugar cubes in the flowers and in the package.

When I turned 16 the big thing was bees and the sugar cubes on cakes. May be old fashion a bit, but the gal that's getting it loved the idea. Just some ideas for you so I thought I'd pass them on. It never hurts. You might be able to use something! icon_smile.gif

Good Luck!

- Paula

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 8

Purses, makeup bags, shoes - Ipods in a Juicy Coture case, Vogue Magazine covers with the birthday girl on the front, I'll try to think of more....

BobbiA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BobbiA Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:17am
post #6 of 8

I know this isn't an MTV type cake but I made a drivers license cake for my stepdaughter. She and her friends LOVED it not to mention her mom and family.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 8

My neice is turning 16 next January and we are already planning her big Sweet 16 party (if it was up to her mom it would be a much smaller affair, but her dad's the main one that wants it to be a big deal). I know I'll be doing the cake, and I've been pondering ideas already (I tend to plan ridiculously far in advance for these things). Anyway, her cake is most likely going to be a three tier wedding-cake like cake but done in neon colors, with fondant ribbons and stars and daisies coming out of the tops of the tiers.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 2:55am
post #8 of 8

I'm doing a sweet sixteen cake next weekend and it looks like two packages with a bow. Not to fancy but thats what she asked for. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%