Help!!! I Need A Name :)

Business By Lazy_Susan Updated 16 Mar 2006 , 7:27pm by JennT

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 39

Hi y'all!!!
I want to make a Website and maybe make a few Business Cards. However, I need a catchy name but can't think of one. This is where I need your help. Here's a few things about me that might help think of something icon_smile.gif
I'm from the South (Georgia) but I now live in the Pacific Northwest (Washington). I am blonde as blonde can be (mentally and physically)LOL I love animals and have 2 Pomeranians. I thought about coming up with a name that had my 2 dogs in it but for food I don't think that is a good idea. I am Christian and truly love my Lord Jesus Christ. I work in a hospital as a Respiratory Therapist. I'm very new to cake decorating but love it very much. That's about all I can think of right now.

Thanks for the help icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

38 replies
Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 39

How about: Sweet Suzy Cakes & Bakes

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 39

I know this name isn't specific to you or your location, but I have always liked "The Cakery" as a name. Don't know if that's already taken in your area, but I like it because it's simple and specific, like a bakery that only does cakes.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 39

I use this as a by-line on my business cards (and I hope you don't find it offensive!): 'Heaven in a Cake'

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 39

These are all great names. I'm getting some really good ideas. Please keep them coming icon_smile.gif

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 39

Are you a cakes only gal or are you marketing cookies and other desserts in addition to cake?

Here are a few that came to mind:

Devine Delights
Little Bit of Heaven
Southern Desserts by Suzy

Let us know what you ultimately decide!

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranaco

Are you a cakes only gal or are you marketing cookies and other desserts in addition to cake?

Devine Delights
Little Bit of Heaven

Right now I am a cakes only kind of gal but I plan on venturing out into other baked worlds!! icon_smile.gif

newdec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newdec Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 39

I tend to like names that I can remember easily - my favorite is "CAKE!" - and maybe you could use a bible verse on your card or a symbol (fish, cross, triangle). Or something with "from coast-to-coast" in it?

Hope you get some great ideas!

Tracey

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 39

I love looking at bakery dessert names...let's see...

Creative Cakes
Cake Cafe
Cake Shoppe

The cake shops up here that have memorable names tend to be named after the owner. It's simple, yet it works. Would you consider using your name in any way? Maybe in front of one of the cake names, or even on it's own?

How exciting...picking out names is so much fun!!!
Good luck!
Angie

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:56pm
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas2babies

I love looking at bakery dessert names...let's see...

Creative Cakes
Cake Cafe
Cake Shoppe

The cake shops up here that have memorable names tend to be named after the owner. It's simple, yet it works. Would you consider using your name in any way? Maybe in front of one of the cake names, or even on it's own?

How exciting...picking out names is so much fun!!!
Good luck!
Angie

I wouldn't mind using my name but it's a boring name... Susan icon_sad.gif

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 2:05pm
post #11 of 39

Thinking of a couple of the pictures you've posted of your ultimate chocolate cakes, how about

Simply Scrumptious
or
Simply Scrumptious by Susan

If you like this name well enough to use it, I'll ask only that you send me one of those cakes in exchange! icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

Laura.

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 2:08pm
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

Thinking of a couple of the pictures you've posted of your ultimate chocolate cakes, how about

Simply Scrumptious
or
Simply Scrumptious by Susan

If you like this name well enough to use it, I'll ask only that you send me one of those cakes in exchange! icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

Laura.

Good deal! icon_smile.gif
I was actually thinking of a name along those lines. I've always liked the name "Truly Scrumptious" from the character in the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". But I don't know if I'd have to ask for special permission to use it in my business name some how.

Hardygirl18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hardygirl18 Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 2:31pm
post #13 of 39

How about "southern belle cakes and confections"
I will try to think of some more for you...
good luck with the name change.. icon_smile.gif

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 2:40pm
post #14 of 39

This is a name I had considered, because I'm a Susan too, "Suzy's Sweet Tooth". I think if you're going to do more than cakes, it works great.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 3:18pm
post #15 of 39

How about Blondie's Bakery. Sorry Susan ...no creative juices flowing yet. icon_biggrin.gif

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 3:37pm
post #16 of 39

That's cute!! Plus a 'blondie' is also a sweet baked good...I like it!! Or another variation is Blondie Bakes...You could really do a lot with that name! You could have a really cute blonde girl with an apron on, kind of retro glamor girl looking, and she could be holding a cake! Oh, cute! I'll try and work up a graphic of what I have in my head for you!

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 3:46pm
post #17 of 39

I also like Blondie Bakes. I think it is so cute. I am also looking for a name and know how difficult that is. Specially for someone that can't make up their mind.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:16pm
post #18 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranaco

Devine Delights
Little Bit of Heaven

adding to what daranaco wrote " Little bit of Sweet Southern Heaven " or "Suzy's Sweet Southern Cakes"
Then use something like this in the home page
"Our or (My) Cakes (or Desserts) are Heaven sent with Southern Pride"..
Pretty much having a meaning of the lord gave you the talent to be a cake artist or queen of desserts and also adding where you were raised..

lainee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainee Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 3:52am
post #19 of 39

How about:

The Cake Place

SuzieCakes (as in patticakes)

Susan's Cakery

Sugar Shack

or

Susan's Sugar Shack

Sweet Delights by Susan

JennT Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 6:36am
post #20 of 39

Susan - this is something I worked up on the computer earlier...it's not perfect, by far, but it was the idea I had when I mentioned Blondie Bakes. If you like it, just let me know & I'll email you the image of "Blondie"...lol icon_smile.gif

**edited to add: OOPS! Forgot to say that the flower in her hair is the Georgia State Flower - the Cherokee Rose.
LL

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 6:53am
post #21 of 39

Awwww, that was very nice of you JennT to do that for Susan. Ya'll are so nice here.
That is a nice name.

I have a few names also:

1. Simply Sweets
2. Susan's Simply Sweets
3. Simple Sweets
4. Simple Sweets and Treats
5. Susan's Sweet Cakes
6. Sweetie Cakes
7. Southern Gal Cakes
8. Georgia on My Mind Cakes
9. Sweet Susan's Cakes
10. Cakes by Susan
11. Cakes on My Mind
12. Cakes Galore!
13. Devine Cakes
14. Susan's Cakes by Design

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

Lazy_Susan Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 9:06am
post #22 of 39

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful choices icon_smile.gif

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 10:55am
post #23 of 39

What about ...........

Southernly Sweet
Just Peachy Cakes (get it..georgia peach?? lol)
Southern Delight
Simply Southern Sweets
Jorjakakes
Southern Dream
Sweetly Southern
Southern Sweet tooth

........ok so I dont have very good ideas lol...but hope this helps!! <3

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 12:58pm
post #24 of 39

JennT: At first I was just teasing about the name (me being a blondie too), but I really like it after seeing the graphic!! Seriously Susan, if you don't use that someone should.
Jenn, how very nice of you to take the time & come up with that - you are very creative!

JennT Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 2:22pm
post #25 of 39

Thanks, ge icon_smile.gif Playing around with that sort of thing is my hobby...I love doing it. DH says I need to go to school and become a degreed graphics designer...I just want a better program to work with, forget the schooling! lol icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif I love taking an idea and making up a picture or logo or something....even if it's not the end product, it at least gets the ideas rolling!

I like Just Peachy Cakes, too!! Very catchy!! Uh-oh....think I need to go play around with that idea now....lol icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 2:24pm
post #26 of 39

Being you're from GA, I thought Peaches and Cream Bakery or Peaches and cream Cakery.
Peachy Blond Bakery
Peachy Cakes
Comfortably Southern Cakes (I don't think you can use Southern Comfort because of copyright)

I love Blondie Bakes, also.

Good luck, you Ambitious Blond!! (my hair is sandy blond, when highlighted) lol icon_wink.gif

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 2:41pm
post #27 of 39

JennT - the graphics idea you came up with is just great! Really cute. My friend here in town that does cakes uses the name "Blondie's Bakin's" which I think is cute.

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 7:41pm
post #28 of 39

Ok i had another Idea...."A Taste of Georgia" <--I like that one lol

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 8:42pm
post #29 of 39

I was driving and had some ideas pop into my head. You can tell your addicted to CC when you can't even drive your car without thinking about things on here!!

What about:
Southern Belle
Southern Lights: De"light"ful desserts, from my heart.
Blondie's Blessings: Where each cake (dessert) is blessed with love.

You could use the first initials of your dogs that you love so much. (A&B bakery)

Again, good luck!!

JennT Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 9:01pm
post #30 of 39

Ok...here's another one...for 'Just Peachy'...it could be changed to 'Peaches 'n' Cream...A Cakery' or another derivation and still work just as well, I think. Again...it's not perfect by any means, but it helps to see the concept brought together, even if still rough, to get it in your head and help you decide what you really like.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%