Individual Green (St. Patty's) Desserts

Decorating By mikaza Updated 20 Mar 2006 , 11:55pm by mikaza

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 15

Hey all

I've been asked to make about 15 individual sized green desserts for a St. Patty's day party--any ideas?

I've been thinking about a guiness cake (I've seen recipes, but never made one...anybody have a good or bad experience?) with a green (possibly irish whiskey flavored) whipped cream

I"ve also thought of just doing one of my regular desserts, and making little green shamrocks to put on them...but I was hoping for something a little more exciting!

Any ideas!?!?

14 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 15

How about coloring a white cake mix green, adding Bailies topping them off with cream cheese icing and green shamrock sprinkles?

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 15

Maybe some key lime mini cheesecakes? and maybe you could color a whipped topping green & pipe it on.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 15

I got a cute recipe in the mail for a St. Patrick's Day dessert that was kind of like a trifle with Oreos and pudding. I have it at home. Let me know if you're interested!

mikaza Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 15

Well, I just decided to try the Guinness cake and it is YUMMY!

It is almost like a rich spice cake with a little bit of a chocolatey taste. Then I decided that since the guinness wasnt a strong taste, I needed something to make it more Irish...so I made a Bailey's Irish Creamcheese frosting!

Now I have to decide if I need something green too..

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 5:25am
post #6 of 15

Where did you get a recipe for Guiness cake? Please share!!!!!!

mikaza Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 15

I actually found it on Oprah's website. I did a google search and found a bunch of recipes, but the one on her site seemed the most simple and I thought it would taste good--and it did!

Here is the link: http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/recipes/food_20020916_guinnesscake.jhtml

The only thing I did differently was omit the cardamon, and add about 1tbps molases to the butter/sugar mixture. Oh, and I made cupcakes instead of a cake.

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 11:27am
post #8 of 15

What about an Chocolate Cake with Bailey's Irish Buttercream Filling and Mint Flavoured Frosting Tinted Green with chocolate curls/sprinkles on the sides.

or you could do this one from epicurious and make the chocolate wraps from white chocolate tinted green.

http://www.epicurious.com/bonappetit/cooking_class/cake

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 11:30am
post #9 of 15

MMMmmmm sounds yummy. icon_smile.gif

mikaza Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 15

Ohhh that Irish Cream mousse cake looks sinfully good!

I did a taste test with the people, and they loved the guiness cake with the baileys frosting...but they now want me to make a single cake with the frosting as filling, and make fresh whipped cream (tinted green) to dollop on top.

Works for me! Only problem with make a whole cake...I dont get my own piece to taste! (Unless I cut out the middle and stuff it with paper towels, a la Bill Cosby!)

pinknlee Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 4:55am
post #11 of 15

The Guiness Cake was great I made it in a Bundt pan with a Rum drizzle.Yum

mikaza Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 5:11am
post #12 of 15

Isnt it so yummy--and simple too! Did you make it just like the recipe, or change it up like I did?

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 6:18pm
post #13 of 15

Would you share your recipe for the Baileys Cream Cheese Icing .... please ! Or PM it to me.

Thanks

pinknlee Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 6:23pm
post #14 of 15

I was out of ginger so I used pumpkin pie spice. It is so good! I also omitted the caradom.

mikaza Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 11:55pm
post #15 of 15

I didnt have a recipe for the frosting...I just used some cream cheese, powdered sugar, baileys and vanilla...and mixed until it tasted right!

I started out with 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/4 c. of Baileys--but I cant even guess how much sugar (I just poured from a 4 lb bag) or vanilla (a few squirts...) I added...I also added more Baileys once everything was mixed to give a strong enough taste!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%