Step By Step Figure Piping

Decorating By Lemondrop Updated 18 Apr 2005 , 4:21pm by AgentCakeBaker

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:45am
post #1 of 11

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where it showed step by steps for figure piping of animals or people. Just using buttercream icing. I've seen a few, but just wondering where I could find more.

Thanks for any help,

Denise

10 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:48am
post #2 of 11

Wilton site has that on their site. Check out Wilton.com. I don't remember where it is but I'm sure you won't have problems finding it.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:07am
post #3 of 11

I'm big time in to figure piping and can surprisingly rarely find anything on-line. There are tons and tons of books on the subject, though.

Here is the direct link to the Wilton figure piping page:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/index.cfm

Scroll down and you'll see the options.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:18am
post #4 of 11

I really wish there were an entire site devoted to nothing but figure piping. I've also been wanting Figure Piping Ideas for Cupcakes and Larger Cakes by Roland Winbeckler.

http://www.americancakedecorating.com/fullimage/510_figpipe-250.jpg

Does anyone have this book? I'm wondering how it is.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:35am
post #5 of 11

thanks for the replies. I did find the Wiltons stuff, thanks it certainly helps. I too would love to find an entire site just for figure piping.

thanks again for the help

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:41am
post #6 of 11

I've been looking at the Winbeckler books, also. There are several of them and they all seem to have 24 pages. Is there really enough info in just 24 pages to justify paying $12-$15?

Sandi

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:42am
post #7 of 11
AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:57am
post #8 of 11

Dawn
I've never paid attention to that section of the wilton site. Thanks for pointing it out.

Denise
Wilton yearbooks have a few figure piping techniques. If you don't have any, you can find several books on ebay.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 9:03am
post #9 of 11

they also have them in the wilton yearbooks and some of their other books. that''s where i got mine from.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 12:19pm
post #10 of 11

I'm finding once you learn a few basic techniques, it's all the same regardless of what you are piping.

One of the classes offered at The Bakersfield Retreat this year will be figure piping. I absolutely can't wait. Once I learn this basics I'll be good to go. At least this is how it worked for me when learning modeling figurines out of fondant/gumpaste.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 4:21pm
post #11 of 11

That gives me an idea. My local cake supply store offers classes all the time. I saw a class for figure piping but I don't know when its going to start. I need to check it out before its too late.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%