Thank You Duff!!!!!

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 29 Mar 2007 , 12:12am by janicecold

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 35

I just finished with my SIL's wedding. icon_biggrin.gif She wanted a bull's head on the groom's cake. Her hubby does rodeo roping. I could not figure out how to pull it off until I watched Duff on Ace of Cakes use rice crispies to make something 3-D. Wow that was the solution I needed. Here is how it turned out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=peacockplace&cat=0&pos=0

34 replies
Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:06am
post #2 of 35

Peacockplace,you did an awesome job.The bull's head is very nice and all the chocolate with the strawberries looks yummy.I bet your SIL and specially your BIL were very happy. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:11am
post #3 of 35

Love it! Did you freeze your rice krispies before you carved them? It looks just awesome!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:12am
post #4 of 35

That looks great! icon_biggrin.gif I need to start watching that show more often. I don't get the chance, usually because between the kids and husband, the tv is usually otherwise occupied.

Congrats on a job well donsicon_biggrin.gif

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:15am
post #5 of 35

Awesome job! I love it!

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:16am
post #6 of 35

Thank you all. No, I didn't freeze the rice crispies. I didn't carve them either. I just formed them and shaped them like using clay.

The groom was thrilled and his mom took the head home to freeze or something. It was pretty funny.

one other note about the cake... it's made from stacked layers of chocolate chip cookies. The groom doesn't like cake. icon_eek.gif Everyone was suprised to see layers of cookies when they cut it. It was a big hit. I learned that trick on CC. I can't remeber who posted the cookie cake idea, but it was great.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:18am
post #7 of 35

Kristy I love all your cakes & this one too!!! Excellent girl!!! Excellent!!! icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:20am
post #8 of 35

What do you mean by layers of cookies? You just stacked cookies up to the top & iced them with icing? What a brillant idea!! You must do a tutorial!!

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:20am
post #9 of 35

Oh....TC !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you. It seems like I haven't seen you here in forever. I think we just miss each other when we're on. Thanks for the kind words!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:23am
post #10 of 35

I agree with TC you must do a tutorial. I have never heard of a cookie cake.

BTW you cake looks great.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:23am
post #11 of 35

It's wonderful and amazing. I wish you had a closer shot so we could see the detail in this. Duff would be proud of you!

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:27am
post #12 of 35

Wow that cake is great!
I dont get FN in my coutry, could you explain how is done?

mjulian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjulian Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:29am
post #13 of 35

You did a great Job!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ace of Cakes with Duff is one of my Fav shows. I record them all and review when doing a cake. I saw the one with rice crespies and I tired to do standing elmo but the weight of the rice crispes were to much and it ended up falling appart.

I also love that you did the cake with cookies. I love cookies over cake and will have to supprise everyone some day on my birthday when I make my cake with cookies.

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:32am
post #14 of 35

Ok. I tracked down the orrigional post that gave me the idea for a cookie cake. It was by Edencake and it is great! http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-20047-0.html

She does a great job explaining that, but if you have any questions let me know. Also, I did a groom's cake with stacked brownies for another non-cake-eating groom. I'll post the pic in a few minutes.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:32am
post #15 of 35

You did a great job on the head!

The cookie cakes are really easy....I do them a lot, and people ARE really surprised when it's cut. You just bake big cookies in your regular cake pan, stack wit hbuttercream in between them, and ice like a normal cake. I Like to do four layers of cookie with three layers of filling.

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:39am
post #16 of 35

Peacockplace--Duff would be proud! Your bull and cake look great! (And thanks for posting the link to the cookie cake--my two favorite things--cookie and cake!) icon_lol.gif Yum!

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:00am
post #17 of 35

How do you cut the cookie cake?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:05am
post #18 of 35

That's fantastic Kristy! The whole presentation is top of the line

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:18am
post #19 of 35

peacockplace, Please explain the ricecrispies part, I have no idea how is that done.

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:21am
post #20 of 35

Thank you all so much! I cut the cookie cake just like regular pieces of cake. It's very rich, so you don't need much!

Jen1977, that's what I did too. It works great!

Here is the brownie cake that I did it was a hit too. It had chocolate ganache fillling between the layers.
LL

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:26am
post #21 of 35

OMG!!!

That is awesome. I see alot of clever tricks on his shows that I'm sure will
come in handy one day. I love Duff as well.

Congratulations.

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:29am
post #22 of 35

I totally missed the cookie cake post. Thanks for bringing it back up Kristy! I love that idea!! Girl, I've missed you too!! Your one of my oldest (not meaning your old just that I've know you the longest icon_smile.gif LOL) & dearest buddies on CC~ Going to PM you!! icon_smile.gif

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:33am
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Thank you all so much! I cut the cookie cake just like regular pieces of cake. It's very rich, so you don't need much!

Jen1977, that's what I did too. It works great!

Here is the brownie cake that I did it was a hit too. It had chocolate ganache fillling between the layers.

OH I LOVE U! 4 THIS!

IT IS MY HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY AND HE DONT LIKES TOO MUCH CAKE HE ACTUALLY TOLD ME JUST TO BAKE HIM CHOCOLATE COOKIES....
I WAS DESAPOINTED TO NOT MAKE HIM A CAKE!

HE SAID YOU COULD TO DO IT FOR THE KIDS...I JUST WANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT 4 U TO MAKE THEM!
BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN MAKING SO MANY OTHER THINGS...AND NEVER A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE...
JAJAJA
SO HE IS GOING TO BE SURPRISE NOW JEJEEJE
THANKS A LOT!

AND YOU BULL CAKE IT IS AWSOME! GOOD JOB!
thumbs_up.gif

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:29am
post #24 of 35

Maisza, glad I could help! Hope it turns out great!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:02am
post #25 of 35

it looks great....odd but great. it looks yummy too.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:15am
post #26 of 35

Very nice job!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:04am
post #27 of 35

great job on both cakes. The bull head looks awesome and i love the presentation of the strawberries.
I really need to try that rice crispy modeling when i get back home.

peacockplace Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:07pm
post #28 of 35

paolacaracas... do you mean how to make rice crispy treats or how to make shapes with them?

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:44pm
post #29 of 35

We just learned the rice krispy treat at the WI ICES Spring DOS. One of the demonstrators uses the same rice krispy treat recipe on the back of hte box, but she runs the rice krispies through the food processor so that they are more fine before adding them into the marshmallows.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 5:00pm
post #30 of 35

Girl, that cake is awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%