Penn Cake Show

Decorating By crumbscakeartistry Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 10:43pm by maddyscreations

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 23

Since the show is coming up I was wondering if the CCers interested in going wanted to get together while at the show. maybe during the banquet (if anyone is going to that)? Thought it might be nice to put names with faces, talk cake, etc. PM if interested...

22 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:32am
post #2 of 23

Where and when is the show? I have family in PA.

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:08am
post #3 of 23

I live in Pa, when-where and what is it?

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:13am
post #4 of 23

Im planing to go.I would love to meet some of our CCers there.It would be a great thing.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:16am
post #5 of 23

I am planning on going also.......April 14 and 15....Nittany Mall, State College.

crumbscakeartistry Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 23

The show Director can email you the info and registration forms:

[email protected]

Lejla it's a cake date. I am going by myslef so I am happy to have a friendly face there! I'll pm in a few days.

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 3:01am
post #7 of 23

I live in PA as well, and was wondering when this show was. Thanks for filling me in! I think it would be alot of fun to meet up with other cake central folks! Is there an official website to promote this event??

crumbscakeartistry Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 3:31am
post #8 of 23

I founf some contact info at ICES website. That was it. I will pm you in few days and we can meet at the show. I'm so excited!!

maryg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryg Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 12:59pm
post #9 of 23

Here is the contact info for the show. I believe there are a very few spots left for Collettes class if anyone is interested, well that was of the other day when I talked to Kim icon_smile.gif Hotel deadline is the 30th for the group rate. The banquet by mail is the 5th and phone is the 9th. Hope this helps

You can contact Kim Morrison at [email protected]

Mary

cakecookingnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecookingnut Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 23

are the cakes displayed in the mall for everyone to see? Or are they in a private room in the mall?

maryg Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 5:06pm
post #11 of 23

The cakes are on display in the mall in the JCPenny ct. there are people watching the cakes so usually there is no damage but you know how people are and most of the time it is not kids! There will also be people there during the banquet and until mall closing to watch the cakes.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 6:10am
post #12 of 23

Did anyone ever pick a place to meet yet??

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:49pm
post #13 of 23

Did anyone go to the show? I had a wedding cake for the 14th so I wasn't able to make it.

Debbie

crumbscakeartistry Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:53pm
post #14 of 23

I went and had a great time! I met a bunch of CC girls there too.

thecakemaker Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:06pm
post #15 of 23

Did anyone get pictures? I wish I could have gone but already had a wedding booked for the 14th.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:36pm
post #16 of 23

I had a BLAST!! thumbs_up.gif Ok so Maddiescreations teased me about being the CC embassador, but I didn't care!!! icon_lol.gif I loved meeting each and every one of you CC folks!! I took pics of EVERYTHING!! I promise to upload them soon.

I knew this was probably going to be my only cake show (not many things happen in WV icon_cry.gif ) I totally made the most of my weekend!!

thecakemaker Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:41pm
post #17 of 23

That's great! Can't wait to see the pictures! Wish I could have been there.

Debbie

NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #18 of 23

Crumbscakeartistry--Big thanks for putting up with Maddiescreations and I on Sat! I truly enjoyed it and can't remember when I laughed so hard. I promise to upload the worlds greatest 1/2 sheet cake soon!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

crumbscakeartistry Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:46pm
post #19 of 23

Maddiescreations I had a great time with you both. It was great to have a friendly face so far from home. All I can say it your work is incredible. Before we know it you will be on the Food Network designing the vice president's birthday cake. With sheet cakes like that we can all say "I knew her when"....

NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:48pm
post #20 of 23

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Your so bad!!!

maryg Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 7:06pm
post #21 of 23

Well ladies I am so happy you had a good time, even if we didn;t get to jello wrestle! Now mark your calendar for next year because each year the state show is held in State college usually the weekend after easter, of course depending on the blue white game at Penn State... I also enjoyed meeting you...so did anyone get hooked enough to go to Omaha?

whyteicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whyteicing Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 7:32pm
post #22 of 23

i posted links to pics from the show!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-228061-.html
this isnt allll of the cakes, though.

maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:43pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbscakeartistry

Maddiescreations I had a great time with you both. It was great to have a friendly face so far from home. All I can say it your work is incredible. Before we know it you will be on the Food Network designing the vice president's birthday cake. With sheet cakes like that we can all say "I knew her when"....

Hey Crumbs, on the ride home NEWTODECORATING decided if ask to do a cake for the president she would just do a small three tier cake with a zillion amazing half sheet cakes to feed 5,000. I had a blast on saturday and if nothing else you had a lesson on "Hugh Hefner" and the girls next door. lol I would love to hear about your topsy turvy demo on sunday send me a pm. Oh and don't forget to respect your royal if you expect to get any R E S P E C T from it.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%