Found A "brother Site" Lol

Decorating By momsandraven Updated 19 Apr 2005 , 7:24am by dragonwarlord1969

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:11am
post #1 of 18

You know how most cities have what they call "Sister Cities", well today I discovered a "Brother Site" to this page. My husband is as much of a grill/smoker/BBQ nut as I am a cake nut. He participates on a forum at barbequebible.com that is so like this one it's spooky! Except that it is primarily men, talking about their smokers and grills, posting pictures of their BBQ ribs and briskets instead of cakes. They talk about how their neighbors all love them for the samples they get, how their wives think they are nuts for being so in to BBQ stuff, and what is the all-time best BBQ recipe. I just thought it was funny how similar it is. I guess no matter how different we are, we're all the same! icon_smile.gif

17 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:25am
post #2 of 18

Now I have heard everything! Posting pictures of their BBQ ribs and briskets instead of cakes---LOL! I think looking at BBQ all the time would make me sooo hungry. It's one of those things you just can't get enough of.

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 6:56am
post #3 of 18

barbequebible.com - that doesn't work for me....

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 7:01am
post #4 of 18

That is hilarious!! I think that it is so funny to find that men can be as into BBQ as we are into cakes! And posting pics and all. I can never let my hubby know about that site. Then I will never be able to get back on here!!! icon_lol.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 18

Too funny! I make a great BBQ. It's one of my most requested items when I'm hired to do company parties. I'll have to check the site out. What's the address? Not that I need another forum to go between cakes, chickens, party planners and weddings.

Lisa Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 18

My DH makes what he calls a Winter-time pulled pork. It's TDF and so easy. I'm going to post the recipe just in case anyone wants to try it. First, you take a pork roast and put it in a stock pot. Add enough water just to cover. To the water add 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, a handful of whole peppercorns and about 2 tablespoons salt. Boil covered for about 4-6 hours or until tender. Drain off water and with a wooden spoon begin to "pull" the pork. Remove any fat. Remove any remaining peppercorns (most will have poured out with the water). Last--add 2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce (really as much or as little as you like). Heat through.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 18

THAT RECIPE SOUNDS YUMMY!!! We are having a picnic with some friends next weekend-it will be given it's introduction to them!!! Thanks!!!

Lisa Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanni

THAT RECIPE SOUNDS YUMMY!!! We are having a picnic with some friends next weekend-it will be given it's introduction to them!!! Thanks!!!

You're going to love it nanni...I promise! You can even do two roasts at a time if your pot is big enough. At the end, when adding the BBQ sauce, just add a half a bottle at a time till it's as "wet" as you like it.

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 12:57am
post #9 of 18

Is it just a link site? That's all I got when I clicked on it. Now that I have a house and a back yard, I am going to do some serious BBQ-ing this summer!! It's hard to BBQ on the third floor of an apt with no balcony. icon_cry.gif The BEST ribs I ever tried was Alton Brown's "Who loves ya, babyback?" No bbq sauce needed with these thumbs_up.gif

Joe

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 9:15am
post #10 of 18

i think i need to give that address to my hubby. he'll probably stay on it as much as i do here...i don't know if that's a good thing? icon_confused.gif lol

Mibowhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mibowhunter Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 9:46am
post #11 of 18

its a great site....next to Cabelas its one of my favorites.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 9:57am
post #12 of 18

Oh my...not another Cabelas fan... icon_smile.gif

momsandraven Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:25am
post #13 of 18

we now return you to your regularly scheduled forum....

momsandraven Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:32am
post #14 of 18

Bwaaa Haaa Haaa!!! That was my husband, infiltrating our cake forum! That is a turkey breast that he smoked over the weekend, btw. It was soo juicy and delicious. icon_biggrin.gif

I double checked the site addy, for those who said it didn't work, and it is http://www.barbecuebible.com (My bad, I spelled it wrong before. Try this one Dragon!) It covers grilling, smoking and BBQing, or Qin' as it's called by the bbq addicts. icon_razz.gif I tease DH about it, but he sure can make a mean rack of ribs!!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:37am
post #15 of 18

that still doesn't work for me. i was able to get to this site http://www.barbecuebible.com which is the website for steve raichlen. this site had forums etc. Is this the site?

momsandraven Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:41am
post #16 of 18

yep, that's the one. icon_smile.gif I had it spelled wrong. Thanks for the correction!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 2:43am
post #17 of 18

Great! I love that guy, I try to catch him on tv whenever i can. i sure would like to take his class ,but oh my are they expensive. Oh well my backyard grilling will have to do for now. icon_lol.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 7:24am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsandraven

we now return you to your regularly scheduled forum....

I would be proud of that myself!!!!! As they used to say in school, Did you bring enough for everybody? icon_smile.gif

Joe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%