Posted My Pic

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 18 Apr 2005 , 4:34pm by AgentCakeBaker

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:09am
post #1 of 9

ok so today was my sons 8th birthday. let me just say i am sooooo tired. first of all got up at 7 to start cooking our lunch. mexican rice, beans and brisket(sp) so after i get everything going i begin to decorate the cake. first of all both of my 12 inch rounds broke. i wanted to cry. seriously i had to walk away and calm down ok ok so i go back to the cake and begin putting it together. my red which was supposed to be my borders was to thin for borders. my blue was thick enough to be borders but i had trouble getting it to stick to the cake because of the moistness(is this a word even) then 2 of my buildings broke. so the cake made it everyone was like ohhhh wow who made this cake. now my sister in laws want me to make their kids cakes. so iguess the cake was not nearly as bad as it seemed to me.

I will say this though it tasted GREAT!!!!!! so take alook and please be honest. i can see every flaw.

8 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:13am
post #2 of 9

You will always see all of your flaws. But you also learn to look at a cake as a customer does and be able to tell if the cake is really good or not.

I think it turned out very cute. In addition, the colors are dead on spidey colors!! Very hard to achieve!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:39am
post #3 of 9

Susan...I have seen that cake in the Wilton YB and I was way too intimidated to try it. Kudos to you thumbs_up.gif ! It's a cool cake!

Reading about the lunch you made and how good the cake was is making me hungry! All this talk about BBQ and brisket!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:40am
post #4 of 9

Susan~ I think it turned out great! Don't worry.. I'm the same way when it comes to decorating.. everything goes wrong! But it normally works it's way out~ Glad everything turned out good for you & your son!

susanmm23 Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 5:49am
post #5 of 9

yeah my mother in law wants to pay me to cook for her and my father in law. i was soooo nervous about everything. my mother in law can cook no wrong in her families eyes. my husband is hispanic and i was worried because i was attempting to make "mexican food" im so thankful that everything came out great. they know i can cook american food but come on now a white girl making mexican food. lol they tease me all the time because i love mexican fod alot more than my husband does. thank you all for you words of encouragement(sp) the red squares on the side of teh cake are the spidey candy bars from the kit they sale. icon_lol.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 7:08am
post #6 of 9

Susanmm, I think the cake looked great!! I get very critical of my decorating, too. So I know what you mean about seeing every flaw. But the fact of the matter is that the cake looked and tasted great. And you made your son's birthday a great one. Kudos to you!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 9

Any flaws? Hmmmm, nope did not really see any, good save.

susanmm23 Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 9

thanks alot guys. for some reason im more nervouse about doing cakes for my family than i am for strangers. any one else get like this or am i crazy?

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 4:34pm
post #9 of 9

Where are flaws? Don't see one flaw. If there are any you did a fantastic job of hiding them.

Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%